Need Help Flashing New Drive

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
ineedhelp

Re: Need Help Flashing New Drive

Post by ineedhelp »

Billycar11 wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:25 am

i prefer to keep the flashing when done by other to the leas amount of steps as possible to a firmware that always works.
so i recommend BU40N 1.03mk if you use makemkv if you use other rippers that dont work with 1.03mk then downgrade from there to 1.00.
Thank you very much, I'll try it very soon -- I'm backing up every other disc I know I want to have backed up before I try this, just in case. Anyways, the only other ripper I'm thinking of that I might use other than MakeMKV is DVDFab or possibly Leawo. Would either of those two suffer from the "MK" firmware do you think?
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

Billycar11 wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:05 am
Humble wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:58 am
Sry for the confusion.

I followed one of the links you posted and I was talking the the UK seller. For some reason I originally thought it was you. But it was my mistake.

He is recommending that i buy the (BDR-S12UHT) does anyone here recommend this drive?
I don't want to spend the money for something that doesn't work [again]
ok no problem i only ship to the usa so if your here order from me or if you in uk order from him

i highly recommend you go with a BU40N or bp60 whoever you buy from
Hi Billy,

I think this forum user has been talking to me, they asked me to recommend them the most reliable drive to back up their movies. I can sell them BU40N & BP60.

I recommended the Pioneer because they wanted reliability above speed.

Asmcom :mrgreen:
b***t (Fantastic service, comms and item. Best ebay experience ever)
h***i (49) Best communication ever, extremely fast shipping, excellent seller!
Click Here! viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19387
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

Humble wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:58 am
Sry for the confusion.

I followed one of the links you posted and I was talking the the UK seller. For some reason I originally thought it was you. But it was my mistake.

He is recommending that i buy the (BDR-S12UHT) does anyone here recommend this drive?
I don't want to spend the money for something that doesn't work [again]
Yes this was myself you were talking to on eBay. You said you wanted the most reliable drive to read discs. The Pioneer UHD drive is the most reliable and better at reading UHD discs than the ASUS or Hitachi. I suspect no one will disagree with this statement on this forum. If you want a cheaper drive that is not just as reliable as the pioneer I have the ASUS BW16D1HT and the Hitachi BH16NS55 both £79.99 each. Also available is the BU40N and the BP60 which are extremely good drives too. If you are in the USA please deal with Billycarr.
Asmcom :mrgreen:
b***t (Fantastic service, comms and item. Best ebay experience ever)
h***i (49) Best communication ever, extremely fast shipping, excellent seller!
Click Here! viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19387
ineedhelp

Post by ineedhelp »

Billycar11 wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:50 pm

Follow the guide below
Thank you very, very much! Working perfectly fine, at least as of now -- Ripped the 4Ks of 1917, Aquaman, Saving Private Ryan, Interstellar and Annihilation, in that order, last night and today. Hopefully it keeps up the good work!