MKB20_v76_The_Lost_Boys_0BB9.tgz

jt5298

Re: Dump Submitted: The Lost Boys 4K

Post by jt5298 » Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:43 pm

dDavid wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2024 3:09 pm
Submitted a dump file for The Lost Boys 4K

MKB20_v76_The_Lost_Boys_0BB9.tgz
I was able to copy The Lost Boys 4k a while back. Not sure what disc you have though. Have you tried this yet?
viewtopic.php?p=145704#p145704

dDavid

Post by dDavid » Thu Jul 25, 2024 5:11 pm

I tried downloading KEYDB.cfg from fvonline-db.bplaced that’s posted here somewhere. I chose the first file below “Downloads” and placed it in my makemkv folder and tried restarting, but I then MakeMKV could not find my optical drive. (If I recall, the keydb.cfg file was about 51MB in size…)

Does the method described in the post you linked to provide a different version or a more current version? I looked at the findVUK software, but it is only available for Windows, and I’m on Mac. Is the file created by findVUK the one I downloaded, or is it created on the fly?

MrPenguin

Post by MrPenguin » Thu Jul 25, 2024 5:26 pm

dDavid wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 5:11 pm
I tried downloading KEYDB.cfg from fvonline-db.bplaced that’s posted here somewhere. I chose the first file below “Downloads” and placed it in my makemkv folder and tried restarting, but I then MakeMKV could not find my optical drive. (If I recall, the keydb.cfg file was about 51MB in size…)

Does the method described in the post you linked to provide a different version or a more current version? I looked at the findVUK software, but it is only available for Windows, and I’m on Mac. Is the file created by findVUK the one I downloaded, or is it created on the fly?
The KEYDB.cfg is a large text file of over 150,000 lines, and the FindVUK.exe tool is the best way to keep it up-to-date. As a Linux user myself, I run FindVUK via wineconsole. The alternative is to download the new ZIP file occasionally (it always contains the most recent database), unzip it and install the updated KEYDB.cfg file manually.

As a MacOS user, you must also ensure that the filename is literally KEYDB.cfg and not keydb.cfg, since MacOS filesystems are case-sensitive.

dDavid

Post by dDavid » Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:36 pm

Thank you.

Do you have any idea why after I installed KEYDB.cfg in my makemkv folder (the one where the error dump files are placed) and restart the app, MakeMKV does not see my optical drive? I tried several times, and even re extracted the KEYDB file and replaced the other one in my MakeMKV folder.

MrPenguin

Post by MrPenguin » Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:46 pm

dDavid wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:36 pm
Do you have any idea why after I installed KEYDB.cfg in my makemkv folder (the one where the error dump files are placed) and restart the app, MakeMKV does not see my optical drive? I tried several times, and even re extracted the KEYDB file and replaced the other one in my MakeMKV folder.
I have never [heard] of this happening before. Have you enabled "debug" messages via "View/Preferences/General"? Perhaps this can offer more insight?

As a Linux user, the only time that MakeMKV fails to detect my optical drives is when I forget to load the "sg" kernel module, which means I have no "/dev/sg*" device nodes.
Last edited by MrPenguin on Thu Jul 25, 2024 11:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dDavid

Post by dDavid » Thu Jul 25, 2024 10:30 pm

MrPenguin wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:46 pm

I have never of this happening before. Have you enabled "debug" messages via "View/Preferences/General"? Perhaps this can offer more insight?
I’ll try that when I get home later. I had been running MakeMKV fine with my external Aesus drive, then I closed the app, extracted KEYDB.cfg and placed it in the folder and then restarted. Got a message that it couldn’t find an optical drive (took a screenshot I believe) then I tried restarting again. No luck. I tried reinstalling a freshly extracted copy and restarting again and it still did not see my drive.

d00zah

Post by d00zah » Thu Jul 25, 2024 10:37 pm

dDavid wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 10:30 pm
MrPenguin wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:46 pm

I have never of this happening before. Have you enabled "debug" messages via "View/Preferences/General"? Perhaps this can offer more insight?
I’ll try that when I get home later. I had been running MakeMKV fine with my external Aesus drive, then I closed the app, extracted KEYDB.cfg and placed it in the folder and then restarted. Got a message that it couldn’t find an optical drive (took a screenshot I believe) then I tried restarting again. No luck. I tried reinstalling a freshly extracted copy and restarting again and it still did not see my drive.
MakeMKV aside, does your OS see the drive?

dDavid

Post by dDavid » Fri Jul 26, 2024 12:00 am

Yes, I’ve been successfully ripping disks for a while, Blu-ray and 4K, and have had few problems.

However, some disks, mostly 4K, have given my drive/MakeMKV fits and slowed to a crawl (0x to .2x) and took forever. A couple times I’ve gotten right to the 10 seconds left point and the rip fails!