Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
rshanti

Twister UHD Dump submitted

Post by rshanti »

I've just submitted a dump file for Twister. It is MKB20_v77_Twister_CD70.tgz
Woodstock

Re: Twister UHD Dump submitted

Post by Woodstock »

Is there a reason you couldn't tag on to the several existing Twister UHD key messages?
MrPenguin

Post by MrPenguin »

rshanti wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2024 2:50 pm
I've just submitted a dump file for Twister. It is MKB20_v77_Twister_CD70.tgz
The latest KEYDB.cfg file contains these three entries:

Code: Select all

0xA3A6092AD92A511197611E6E3A828D25EDA91099 = Twister (Twister) | D | 2024-05-21
0xD5416461A6EC6DE1FB098FE155B43F1DF3406149 = Twister (Twister) | D | 2024-05-20
0x6C578D8E3B8853F9E2C169B7F8D8FBD2550F2163 = Twister (Twister) | D | 2024-05-20
Does copying this KEYDB.cfg fle into your MakeMKV data directory (i.e. where MakeMKV writes its dump files) and then restarting MakeMKV help? See these instructions for details.
Last edited by MrPenguin on Mon Jul 29, 2024 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
rshanti

Post by rshanti »

Thanks for the suggestion. I downloaded the KEYDB.cfg file and installed it in my MakeMKV folder, but still no go. I'd guess there needs to be a 3rd entry in the file for this build of the 4K disc. Any other suggestions?
MrPenguin

Post by MrPenguin »

rshanti wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2024 9:10 pm
Thanks for the suggestion. I downloaded the KEYDB.cfg file and installed it in my MakeMKV folder, but still no go. I'd guess there needs to be a 3rd entry in the file for this build of the 4K disc. Any other suggestions?
The KEYDB.cfg file is regularly updated by people across the Internet, so this may change at some point. If you install FindVUK then you can run "findvuk synchronize" to download just the changes, rather than redownloading the entire ZIP file each time.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

rshanti wrote:
It doesn't go in your MakeMKV installation directory, it goes in the MakeMKV data directory.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG + Others) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://uhdenableddrives.com
UHDRip1337

Post by UHDRip1337 »

where do I download KEYDB.cfg? all the links people put up direct me to https://fvonline-db.bplaced.net/ which says we cannot find this page
MrPenguin

Post by MrPenguin »

UHDRip1337 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2024 5:14 pm
where do I download KEYDB.cfg? all the links people put up direct me to https://fvonline-db.bplaced.net/ which says we cannot find this page
Try http://fvonline-db.bplaced.net instead? (Basically, it's "http" and not "https".)
UHDRip1337

Post by UHDRip1337 »

thanks MrPenguin, http works
rshanti

Post by rshanti »

MrPenguin wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2024 10:03 pm
rshanti wrote:
The KEYDB.cfg file is regularly updated by people across the Internet, so this may change at some point. If you install FindVUK then you can run "findvuk synchronize" to download just the changes, rather than redownloading the entire ZIP file each time.
Thanks for the reply. I have gotten the KEYDB.cfg file downloaded and installed in the MakeMKV data folder. I've also fixed the findvuk synchronize batch file modified so that it copies the cfg file into the MakeMKV data folder every time I run the batch file. Last question, are there any instructions anywhere on where/how to find the passkey for a specific disc and how to add it the the KEYDB.cfg file? If so, could you send a link to the information?
MrPenguin

Post by MrPenguin »

rshanti wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2024 8:38 pm
Last question, are there any instructions anywhere on where/how to find the passkey for a specific disc and how to add it the the KEYDB.cfg file? If so, could you send a link to the information?
UHD keys are designed to be difficult to obtain. If it were simple, I don't think MakeMKV would ask everyone to email their dump files to svq@makemkv.com. As for KEYDB, the entry point there would be the FindVUK thread on Doom9.

However, one easy way of contributing to KEYDB would be to add this setting to your FindVUK.ini file:

Disable_Bus_Encryption_Cmd="C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV\makemkvcon.exe" info dev:$DRIVE$
(Assuming this is where you installed MakeMKV, of course.) And then to execute:

> findvuk validateDisc drive=<your-uhd-drive-letter>
for each of your own UHD disks, just to confirm that its KEYDB entry is correct.
rshanti

Post by rshanti »

MrPenguin wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2024 8:55 pm
rshanti wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2024 8:38 pm
Last question, are there any instructions anywhere on where/how to find the passkey for a specific disc and how to add it the the KEYDB.cfg file? If so, could you send a link to the information?
UHD keys are designed to be difficult to obtain. If it were simple, I don't think MakeMKV would ask everyone to email their dump files to svq@makemkv.com. As for KEYDB, the entry point there would be the FindVUK thread on Doom9.

However, one easy way of contributing to KEYDB would be to add this setting to your FindVUK.ini file:

Disable_Bus_Encryption_Cmd="C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV\makemkvcon.exe" info dev:$DRIVE$
(Assuming this is where you installed MakeMKV, of course.) And then to execute:

> findvuk validateDisc drive=<your-uhd-drive-letter>
for each of your own UHD disks, just to confirm that its KEYDB entry is correct.
Perfect! Thanks so much for your help. BTW, it looks like Twister CD70 is able to be ripped now. :-)
MrPenguin

Post by MrPenguin »

rshanti wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2024 11:29 pm
BTW, it looks like Twister CD70 is able to be ripped now. :-)
Do you mean that the CD70 disk has now been added to KEYDB? Because in that case, you might be able to run "validateDisc" for its new entry... ;).
rshanti

Post by rshanti »

MrPenguin wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2024 11:43 pm
Do you mean that the CD70 disk has now been added to KEYDB? Because in that case, you might be able to run "validateDisc" for its new entry... ;).
It looks like it. The disc was able to be decrypted by MakeMKV after I updated the KEYDB file to the current version yesterday. I haven't run the validateDisc option yet, but will later today. Thanks again for all of your suggestions and help.