Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
quietvoid

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by quietvoid »

Gatorman wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:07 pm
I'm trying to describe a video where there are black bars along the sides and not the top and bottom. I don't remember seeing much conversation about editing the side values. Maybe I'm over thinking things.... Just edit those L5 values?
It's the same principle regardless of top/bottom or left/right.
Just edit them for the letterbox bars in the video.
ragico

Post by ragico »

@quietvoid
on my old firestick 4k I am using the kodi version (20.0 Alpha1 (19.90.101) Git 2021 1007-50679851c6 compiled 2021-10-07) posted by yourself on this forum months ago.
Strange problem affecting the automatic frame rate:
Same Dovi profile 8 file in 2 different containers .mkv and .ts
The mkv plays properly in Dolby Vision and 24Hz
The ts starts in Dolby Vision at 60Hz then, after a few seconds it changes to HDR and 24Hz
This happens with all my files, tested extensively.
Have you got an explanation for this?
Can this problem be sorted out?
Thank you

PS. This problem does not exist in the new Firestick 4k
quietvoid

Post by quietvoid »

No idea, I only use MKV.
jiggajim

Post by jiggajim »

whatsmyname wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:20 pm
Does anyone know if the new Reavon player can play Dolby Vision .mkv?
I've got the UBR-X110, and trying out the DV samples from makemkv via the network interface:
- P4 - Audio/Video worked, no HDR, no DV
- P5 - Audio worked, Video colors off, no HDR, no DV
- P7 (MEL) - Audio/Video worked, HDR worked, no DV
- P7 (FEL) - Audio/Video worked, HDR worked, no DV
- P8.1 - Audio/Video worked, HDR worked, no DV

So no DV on any of the profiles. Womp womp.

Someone else asked but the port is Gigabit. It's showing GbE in my Unifi console.
k9952000

Post by k9952000 »

So I have a question I have a few files withdolby vision hdr :

Format profile : Main 10@L5@High
HDR format : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.05.06, BL+RPU

These play with a green shine, is there any way to just rip the dolby vision out?
Tried a few ways even those (i believe) mentioned in this thread but none seem to work.
Gatorman

Post by Gatorman »

@RESET_9999

Have you tried adding ^" to set /p in your script?

I just injected an RPU, "RPU.(2020)" into a video, "video.(2020)\video.(2020).mkv" with this edit of your script, and it seems to work.

set p fix.png
set p fix.png (34.51 KiB) Viewed 8794 times
Last edited by Gatorman on Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
More reasons to collect physical media. 2019 Shield TV Pro.
FubbAyH

Post by FubbAyH »

k9952000 wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:22 pm

These play with a green shine, is there any way to just rip the dolby vision out?
Tried a few ways even those (i believe) mentioned in this thread but none seem to work.
No, I'm afraid not. Those are profile 5 files, and they are only suitable for Dolby Vision playback because they don't have a embedded HDR10 fallback like profile 7 or 8 files do.
darrrkmanxxx

Post by darrrkmanxxx »

Yoshitaka wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:02 pm
Yoshitaka wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:46 am
I have remuxed an HEVC with ac3 to make a dv mp4 but it is stuttering on my C9.. Playing through USB port and flagged as Dolby Vision no problem, no pink video, but just extremely choppy. Stop and start. Audio is in sync too with it..
What could be some problems that have caused this? I've never had this issue before..
Bump. In case my post became buried.
Hey I have that too with p5 or p8 mp4. You can just drag and drop the file into mkvtoolnix and remux to mkv. It will play without stutters and the dolby vision will be kept. I usually playback those with just Player or vimu. Mkv work a lot better than mp4
jiggajim

Post by jiggajim »

jiggajim wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:08 pm
whatsmyname wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:20 pm
Does anyone know if the new Reavon player can play Dolby Vision .mkv?
I've got the UBR-X110, and trying out the DV samples from makemkv via the network interface:
- P4 - Audio/Video worked, no HDR, no DV
- P5 - Audio worked, Video colors off, no HDR, no DV
- P7 (MEL) - Audio/Video worked, HDR worked, no DV
- P7 (FEL) - Audio/Video worked, HDR worked, no DV
- P8.1 - Audio/Video worked, HDR worked, no DV

So no DV on any of the profiles. Womp womp.

Someone else asked but the port is Gigabit. It's showing GbE in my Unifi console.
Just got a note back from support after trying a couple other remuxed formats:
thank you for your message.
We are sorry to inform you that Dolby Vision in video files playback is not supported.
Dolby Vision is only supported with UHD 4K Blu-ray discs.
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

Gatorman wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:40 pm
@RESET_9999
I updated the scripts, input with special characters/ no space should work now. Thanks!
darrrkmanxxx wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:56 am
Hey I have that too with p5 or p8 mp4. You can just drag and drop the file into mkvtoolnix and remux to mkv. It will play without stutters and the dolby vision will be kept. I usually playback those with just Player or vimu. Mkv work a lot better than mp4
TVs dont support DV MKVs.
k9952000 wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:22 pm

Some devices can tonemap it on the fly to HDR10 or SDR such as the Firestick TV (latest one), Sony x700/x800m2, Windows 10 Movies and TV app.
Yoshitaka wrote:
I have remuxed an HEVC with ac3 to make a dv mp4 but it is stuttering on my C9.. Playing through USB port and flagged as Dolby Vision no problem, no pink video, but just extremely choppy. Stop and start. Audio is in sync too with it..
What could be some problems that have caused this? I've never had this issue before..
Yep, I have the same problem with some DV MP4. I switched to the TS container and I never had the stuttering issues again with DV. You just have to keep the subtitles externally.

tsmuxer: https://github.com/justdan96/tsMuxer/releases
darrrkmanxxx

Post by darrrkmanxxx »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:04 pm
Gatorman wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:40 pm
@RESET_9999
I updated the scripts, input with special characters/ no space should work now. Thanks!
darrrkmanxxx wrote:
Where do you get that from? You can easily play with Vimu apk or Just player. Dolby Vision and Atmos will be triggered, even the notification appears and there‘s a clearly difference to normal HDR
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

darrrkmanxxx wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:41 am
Where do you get that from?
Literally everywhere!

this is the first time I hear that TVs internal player can play DV MKVs.
Baer2021

Post by Baer2021 »

Hello all,

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get my Oppo UDP-203 (stock firmware) to play a .ts or .m2ts file correctly with Dolby Vision. Full-folder backup embedded in a AVCHD file works fine, but I'd really like to get down to individual titles especially for 4K titles like Game of Thrones with multiple episodes and default lossy audio.

I am using the latest tsmuxer 2.6.12 to demux the 2160p and 1080p video layers along with audio tracks, and then remuxing into a single .ts or .m2ts file. With either option, the result is that my Oppo will only play in HDR10 even though MediaInfo shows that both video tracks end up in the resulting .ts file, though it does still show them as separate video streams when I check the file.

I've also tried using the resulting MKV from running through MakeMKV once it has pared the video track down into a single video stream, but tsMuxer is still just presenting a HDR10 track to my Oppo.

Any ideas on what I'm missing?
Yoshitaka

Post by Yoshitaka »

Yoshitaka wrote:
Yep, I have the same problem with some DV MP4. I switched to the TS container and I never had the stuttering issues again with DV. You just have to keep the subtitles externally.

tsmuxer: https://github.com/justdan96/tsMuxer/releases
[/quote]
Hmmm Which option would I select from your .bat going from bdmv, or even mkv dv that's already dv, to a dv format the lg c9 can handle?
Yoshitaka

Post by Yoshitaka »

darrrkmanxxx wrote:
[/quote]

Where do you get that from? You can easily play with Vimu apk or Just player. Dolby Vision and Atmos will be triggered, even the notification appears and there‘s a clearly difference to normal HDR
[/quote]

I am using an LG C9 and do not have an external player. The LG C9 as far as we all know, only plays mp4s ts and m2ts files that are DV.