MKB20_v77_Dune-_Part_Two_BBAA
matpro76

Re: Dune Part 2 Dump Submitted

Post by matpro76 »

matpro76 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:18 am
Submitted

MrPenguin. Sorry mate unable to reply to your PM regarding this I get the below message whenever attempting to compose a message.

"We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more in discussions to be able to use this feature"
MrPenguin

Post by MrPenguin »

matpro76 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:53 pm
matpro76 wrote:
Submitted

MrPenguin. Sorry mate unable to reply to your PM regarding this I get the below message whenever attempting to compose a message.

"We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more in discussions to be able to use this feature"
No worries, I thought the PM feature became available a few days after joining, but there are clearly other factors involved too. However, I assume you can still read PMs...
matpro76

Post by matpro76 »

MrPenguin wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:39 pm
No worries, I thought the PM feature became available a few days after joining, but there are clearly other factors involved too. However, I assume you can still read PMs...
Yep, got your latest and actioned accordingly.
MrPenguin

Post by MrPenguin »

I've re-examined the public KEYDB.cfg for "Dune: Part Two" disks, and (as of June 17th 2024) can see 6 UHD entries in there. It might be worth checking whether your disk matches one of these.

The KEYDB.cfg file needs to be copied into the .MakeMKV/ directory, which is also where MakeMKV writes its .tgz dump files.
Last edited by MrPenguin on Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

MrPenguin wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:39 pm
matpro76 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:53 pm
matpro76 wrote:
Submitted

In addition to just wait time the new user must have a minimum amount of posts in the forum. Don't know how many.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Now that redfox appears to be gone, there are alternatives out there that can use unit keys to decrypt. The best I've seen is xreveal which has a freeware version. Two things are great about that. One it'll tell you the disc id of your disc. The other is that it uses any keys in the keydb to real time decrypt your disc, allowing makemkv to open discs it doesn't yet have keys for.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk

Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

SamuriHL wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:12 pm
Now that redfox appears to be gone, there are alternatives out there that can use unit keys to decrypt. The best I've seen is xreveal which has a freeware version. Two things are great about that. One it'll tell you the disc id of your disc. The other is that it uses any keys in the keydb to real time decrypt your disc, allowing makemkv to open discs it doesn't yet have keys for.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk
I checked the xreveal site but it doesn't tell me the difference between the freeware and the paid version. Do you know?

Edit: Found it.

https://www.xreveal.com/pro.html
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Yea, for those using MakeMKV they may not need the Pro features. I still recommend it given the price of a lifetime license. But this takes the guess work out of "is my disc supported in the keydb". It'll show you all the info from the keydb for your disc if an entry exists. That includes whether it has a VUK or not, which is what MakeMKV itself uses. And if it only has unit keys, it'll decrypt it so you can process it normally with MakeMKV. Best of all worlds.
MrPenguin

Post by MrPenguin »

SamuriHL wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:26 pm
And if it only has unit keys, it'll decrypt it so you can process it normally with MakeMKV. Best of all worlds.
Does this mean that it can compute MK and VID for any UHD disk? AFAIK there is no other way to compute its VUK, and you don't seem to be suggesting creating a decrypted image first.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

MrPenguin wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:56 pm
SamuriHL wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:26 pm
And if it only has unit keys, it'll decrypt it so you can process it normally with MakeMKV. Best of all worlds.
Does this mean that it can compute MK and VID for any UHD disk? AFAIK there is no other way to compute its VUK, and you don't seem to be suggesting creating a decrypted image first.
What? No. I'm saying it only needs the unit keys to real time decrypt like AnyDVD used to do. It's essentially a replacement for AnyDVD with some more useful features like showing in the status window the disc ID and the keydb entry for a disc. I didn't say anything about computing anything.
MrPenguin

Post by MrPenguin »

SamuriHL wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 3:28 pm
No. I'm saying it only needs the unit keys to real time decrypt like AnyDVD used to do.
OK, but xreveal appears to be only for Windows, and so is still no use to me.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

MrPenguin wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 4:19 pm
SamuriHL wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 3:28 pm
No. I'm saying it only needs the unit keys to real time decrypt like AnyDVD used to do.
OK, but xreveal appears to be only for Windows, and so is still no use to me.
Yea. I don't think there's any real time option for linux/mac anywhere that I'm aware of. Then again, RedFox didn't have one, either when they were around. But for those on Windows, this is a useful solution to 1) Know their disc ID and if a key is in the keydb for it and 2) decrypt it real time before MakeMKV is updated with keys in those situations where it's taking a bit longer for the hashed keys to get updated. But yea, for linux/mac, situation normal unfortunately.
matpro76

Post by matpro76 »

MrPenguin wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:14 am
I've re-examined the public KEYDB.cfg for "Dune: Part Two" disks, and (as of June 17th 2024) can see 6 UHD entries in there. It might be worth checking whether your disk matches one of these.

The KEYDB.cfg file needs to be copied into the .MakeMKV/ directory, which is also where MakeMKV writes its .tgz dump files.
Thanks mate, I tried this a few days ago and it didn't work, however I've just downloaded keydb.cfg again and it's now working. Cheers.