FootFungus07

Dump Submitted - Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes 4K

Post by FootFungus07 »

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes TGZ Key File:
MKB20_v77_KINGDOM_OF_THE_PLANET_OF_THE_APES_B6C4.tgz
Ralph P.

Re: Dump Submitted - Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes 4K

Post by Ralph P. »

Same dump file submitted via email and posted to GD. Link has been forward via PM.
hittman1969

Post by hittman1969 »

Can I get in on that link?? Just got 4K and will not rip....
MrPenguin

Post by MrPenguin »

hittman1969 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2024 1:36 am
Have you tried copying the latest KEYDB.cfg into MakeMKV's data directory (i.e. where MakeMKV also writes its TGZ dump files) and then restarting MakeMKV?
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

hittman1969 wrote:
A link to download someone else's dump won't help you. That's not how it works.

MakeMKV can defeat the encryption of a DVD or a regular blu-ray. The encryption on 4K UHDs is more complex. MakeMKV has this concept called hashed keys. When you put a 4K UHD into your LibreDrive enabled drive, MakeMKV checks to see if it locally has the hashed key necessary to decrypt the disc. If it doesn't, it goes to the internet to try to download it. If the necessary hashed key isn't available on the internet, it creates a dump file. Users email the dump file to svq@makemkv.com where the dumps are processed and eventually a hashed key is made available. Sometime later, when the 4K UHD is loaded in the drive again, MakeMKV will be able to download the necessary hashed key.

In the mean time, users post the name of the dump file they emailed in. If your disc produces the same dump file name as someone else's disc, they'll need the same hashed key to decrypt. If your dump file name is different, then you'll need a different hashed key. By posting the name of the dump file you emailed in, others can know if their dump file is different and thus should be emailed in.
Tetsujin

Post by Tetsujin »

I guess my copy maybe had the same dump and Mike has already processed this because I got my disc just yesterday from the big A and it ripped with no issue. Nice!

Sidenote: the split-screen version on the bonus bluray (with pre-vis effects and the actors in mocap suits, etc) is really something special. I'm excited to watch that through with the commentary!
hittman1969

Post by hittman1969 »

MrPenguin wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2024 2:28 pm
hittman1969 wrote:
Have you tried copying the latest KEYDB.cfg into MakeMKV's data directory (i.e. where MakeMKV also writes its TGZ dump files) and then restarting MakeMKV?
I got it working now. Thank you!