Ripping Errors: DEBUG Code 1?

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
joey_corleone

Ripping Errors: DEBUG Code 1?

Post by joey_corleone »

Hello,

I've been trying to rip the UHD of Karate Kid, Part II from the Karate Kid Collection box set. I am on my second set now, and just can't get part 2 to rip. It gets about 10-12 GB into the rip and fills my logs with this:

DEBUG: Code 1 at poN`etOEOLeL-_aWWo=)3:121262371

I've tried washing it multiple times, multiple discs. Can anybody shed some light on what Code 1 at PoN means? At first I thought I just got a bad disc, but now getting the same error on the replacement has me wondering what's going on here.
joey_corleone

Re: Ripping Errors: DEBUG Code 1?

Post by joey_corleone »

Nobody knows?
MrPenguin

Post by MrPenguin »

joey_corleone wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 2:30 pm
Nobody knows?
Nope, not a clue. But perhaps there are also some non-debug messages which may be more enlightening? Things like "warnings" or "errors", maybe?

My guess is that MakeMKV goes mad for some reason around 10-12GBs, and that these debug messages are just it quietly giggling to itself afterwards.
joey_corleone

Post by joey_corleone »

Nothing else really in the logs. It’s an interesting one because the log just fills up with hundreds of this same message, and the disc is still spinning normally, but the outputs file size never increases. Eventually it fails and states hash check error too
MrPenguin

Post by MrPenguin »

joey_corleone wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 8:01 pm
Eventually it fails and states hash check error too
Sounds like it is repeatedly trying to read a certain part of the disk, and then gives up. What kind of drive do you have? And is this a triple layer disk?
joey_corleone

Post by joey_corleone »

I have the Archgon external which is a BU40N inside with 1.03 LibreDrive FW. Karate Kid, Part 2 seems to be a BD 66 disc.

I have successfully ripped many many blu rays, DVDs and 4k discs with the drive, and quite a few 4k discs since.

First box I got I could only rip the original Karate Kid. The other 2 had the same issue. Second set I was able to get part 3 no problem, but part 2 fails yet again.

Third set is on the way…