Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
g4sho

Re: Feel Like Making UHD

Post by g4sho »

Billycar11 wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:54 pm
g4sho wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:21 pm
Just going thru logical steps to try to come to a conclusion, I used image burn to make an iso backup of this disc. The main purpose was to see if it could read the disc error-less and produce an exact copy iso. If the disc it self were damage imageburn will report it in its log file. It records errors even if it tries to skip. There was absolutely no errors recorded and it completed without incident. This is using the same Asus drive that I have mentioned that would get errors when trying to rip with makemkv. When using makemkv, the drive has no problem reading what the disc is(title and such, and its early libre drive routine. The problems comes when it is in the phase of ripping and decrypting the disc. It has the read errors as it starts to get to the main movie .m2ts
its lg/asus jamless play feature making it appear to copy without error it just puts garbage data were it cant read this feature cant be turned off far as i know.
so makmekv or the program dont know to retry it just sees bad data and says its bad data or the program does not know like imgburn.
so again its a read error makemkv is already decrypting it and is comparing everything as it rips to the hash table and if it sees something is wrong it tells you about it.
and it seems makemkv cant retry when it gets the garbage data from an lg/asus compared to when a pioneer gets to a bad spot it does not send bad data and it just retries.
I just installed AnyDvdHd trial 21 days, and without doing anything else, I can play the uhd in my computer with the asus drive, with VLC as the player. I had read that with makemkv installed in conjunction with anydvd it would just work, and it did. So my thoughts is that they did something in particular with the disc authoring structure, that causes makemkv on its on to choke when trying to decrypt. But either way, I am happy with the results. Again the disc in question is Bob Jame's "Feel Like Making Live". It is a very good music disc if you like modern jazz. It has an auro3d 9.1 soundtrack along with the usual suspects. Atmos, DtsX. ect. So now I will try to back it up again with makemkv with anydvd in memory.
g4sho

Post by g4sho »

asmcom wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:12 pm
SamuriHL wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:40 pm
g4sho wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:40 pm
Seeing that I have ruled out the drives,and like I said the disc is brand new and plays in all my actual ub420 player.
No, you haven't. And it playing in a stand-alone is completely irrelevant. This topic has been discussed SO many times and someone always decides they know better than the people who've been around for years doing this stuff. You can continue to flail around looking for some phantom cause if you want but if you're expecting a different answer because you insist on one you're going to be disappointed. The answer is still your disc is bad/dirty or your drive(s) can't read the disc. Period.
We purchase discs from Amazon for stress testing new drives, and sometimes we will buy five discs of the same title. On several occasions, we have received brand new discs that are faulty and giving read errors, and when we have asked for a replacement, then all is good. So , brand new discs do not mean new discs are always perfect. So has SamuriHL said that just because you have not heard the answer you want, please listen to the people on this forum who have experience in these areas. SamuriHL and Billycar11 are held in very high respect on this forum.

Asmcom :mrgreen:

UHD Friendly Drives Team
Just to be clear I am not one of those people you described. What I mean by that, is I have learned alot on forums over the years. I do pay attention to the people that are knowledgeable and take the things they say, and add it to the things I do know. I was not being disrespectful but some of the comments were lets say not helpful. I am one of those people that looks at and trouble shoot problems following a logical path to a conclusion. I did it as a profession for 24 years in the field of automation. I am now retired.
Last edited by g4sho on Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
g4sho

Post by g4sho »

I tried again with makemkv with anydvdhd installed, to rip movie.And it did the exact same thing with the same errors. So I then used the anydvd trial to decrypt and it did it with no errors and I am playing the uhd right now with the same asus drive and using windows movie and tv app,enjoying auro 3d surround on my Marantz sr7015. So thanks to all that at least tried to provide me with some info, that got me to thinking about how to solve this problem. I was on this forum for years before I actually joined. Been ripping disk all the way back to when anydvd was just for dvd's. And makemkv was just a container converter. So anyway hope this helps somebody else that finds an issue with this disk or similiar.
demon

Post by demon »

You say the disc can't be bad, but I don't see any mention of what title you're trying to backup. What is it?
g4sho

Post by g4sho »

demon wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:17 am
You say the disc can't be bad, but I don't see any mention of what title you're trying to backup. What is it?
The name of the title as mentioned in above comments is "Feel Like Making Live" Bob James is the musician. You must did not read thru the thread because it is there. I also was able to get the disc to comply with no issues once I used anydvd trial in conjunction with makedvd to decrypt it. That also was stated in the comment right above yours. It is copied and working as it should have been.
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

g4sho wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:09 am
asmcom wrote:
SamuriHL wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:40 pm

No, you haven't. And it playing in a stand-alone is completely irrelevant. This topic has been discussed SO many times and someone always decides they know better than the people who've been around for years doing this stuff. You can continue to flail around looking for some phantom cause if you want but if you're expecting a different answer because you insist on one you're going to be disappointed. The answer is still your disc is bad/dirty or your drive(s) can't read the disc. Period.
We purchase discs from Amazon for stress testing new drives, and sometimes we will buy five discs of the same title. On several occasions, we have received brand new discs that are faulty and giving read errors, and when we have asked for a replacement, then all is good. So , brand new discs do not mean new discs are always perfect. So has SamuriHL said that just because you have not heard the answer you want, please listen to the people on this forum who have experience in these areas. SamuriHL and Billycar11 are held in very high respect on this forum.

UHD Friendly Drives Team
Just to be clear I am not one of those people you described. What I mean by that, is I have learned alot on forums over the years. I do pay attention to the people that are knowledgeable and take the things they say, and add it to the things I do know. I was not being disrespectful but some of the comments were lets say not helpful. I am one of those people that looks at and trouble shoot problems following a logical path to a conclusion. I did it as a profession for 24 years in the field of automation. I am now retired.
Glad you got it sorted out. We wish you health and happiness in your retirement.

b***t (Fantastic service, comms and item. Best ebay experience ever)
h***i (49) Best communication ever, extremely fast shipping, excellent seller!
Click Here! viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19387
g4sho

Post by g4sho »

asmcom wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:56 pm
g4sho wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:09 am
asmcom wrote:

UHD Friendly Drives Team
Glad you got it sorted out. We wish you health and happiness in your retirement.

Thank you appreciate it!.