Title # was skipped due to navigation error

Everything related to MakeMKV
alc112

Title # was skipped due to navigation error

#1 Post by alc112 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:10 pm

HI!
I was trying to convert a dvd concert with this tool but the title containg it gives me that error. All the extra material converts perfectly and very very fast!
I'm using Win XP SP2 and I have the vob files saved in my PC (Inf fact, I downloaded the full dvd form the internet).

What can I do?

Thanks

ds2249

Re: Title # was skipped due to navigation error

#2 Post by ds2249 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:57 pm

alc112 wrote:HI!
I was trying to convert a dvd concert with this tool but the title containg it gives me that error. All the extra material converts perfectly and very very fast!
I'm using Win XP SP2 and I have the vob files saved in my PC (Inf fact, I downloaded the full dvd form the internet).
Since its not an original DVD you have no way of knowing what things have been done to it before you downloaded it. Most likely have it been tampered with and therefore makemkv fails. I suggest you get the original DVD and rerun MakeMKV on that.

setarip_old

Re: Title # was skipped due to navigation error

#3 Post by setarip_old » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:55 am

@alc112

Hi!
(Inf fact, I downloaded the full dvd form the internet).
I'd suggest to you that in addition to the likely possibility that you'll "get what you pay for" with such videos, at this forum it is not appropriate to discuss anything to do with source material that you haven't purchased...