Arrietty UK release: source file corrupt or invalid

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
spiffly

Arrietty UK release: source file corrupt or invalid

#1 Post by spiffly » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:32 am

Greetings,

I'm trying MakeMKV for the first time so I don't have any previous experience with what to expect. I just purchased Arrietty bluray, it's the UK 'studio canal' version. I'd like to add it to my XBMC library, so I'm attempting to convert to MKV files, and about 10% in I'm hitting a ton of these:

Code: Select all

The source file ...m2ts is corrupt or invalid at offset ......., attempting workaround
The numbers are gradually increasing, so it doesn't seem to be eternally stuck on one particular offset, but it's been at this for 10 hours now, and given the percentage done, it's estimating it will finish in 139 hours, yikes!

I'm assuming it will eventually get there, though I'm not sure, but what's the cause of this? I just bought this disc so it's in pristine condition, and the drive I just purchased is new as well. Sounds like the kind of error one would get when the physical media is bad, or if it was a bad burn or something, so I don't know what to make of it.

Any explanations and/or suggestions are welcome :)

mike admin

Re: Arrietty UK release: source file corrupt or invalid

#2 Post by mike admin » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:57 am

This is a physical disc error. To confirm, please try making a full disc backup with MakeMKV and see if any hashcheck errors show up.

spiffly

#3 Post by spiffly » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:15 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

It ended up being some minor smudges on the disc, ha! Wouldn't have thought them to be an issue (usually aren't on a DVD) but bluray packs the bits in tighter, so there you go. Cleaned them off and was able to run a bit for bit backup no problems!

Was able to pickup the decrypted backup with Handbrake no problems, now I just need to figure out why Handbrake didn't see the subtitle track...

Thanks again!

Romansh

#4 Post by Romansh » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:43 pm

spiffly wrote:Was able to pickup the decrypted backup with Handbrake no problems, now I just need to figure out why Handbrake didn't see the subtitle track...
HandBrake doesn't support Blu-ray subtitles.