What does failure look like?

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
kirby

What does failure look like?

Post by kirby »

As test to see if I want to buy MakeMKV, I'm planning on ripping a bunch of discs one after the other over the course of a few days with the Linux cmdline version. What I'd like to know is how do I know if the decryption and rip was successful? If MakeMKV can't do something will it report an error? Or, will the video just be incorrect somehow in some random bits of the movie?

I won't be able to watch every title all the way through before the 30 days is up. Can I just assume that if MakeMKV completes successfully that everything is OK?
crowfax

Re: What does failure look like?

Post by crowfax »

kirby wrote:I won't be able to watch every title all the way through before the 30 days is up.
You don't have to: MakeMKV is free while in beta
kirby wrote:Can I just assume that if MakeMKV completes successfully that everything is OK?
Yes
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
kirby

Post by kirby »

crowfax wrote:
kirby wrote:I won't be able to watch every title all the way through before the 30 days is up.
You don't have to: MakeMKV is free while in beta
Right really the payment isn't the primary reason. I want to put these back in the box in the garage and I don't want to find out two months from now when we sit down to watch something that the latest Disney disc works until 1hr into the movie. I had the impression BD+ protections used some mechanism that would produce a valid video stream with unwatchable bits.
crowfax wrote:
kirby wrote:Can I just assume that if MakeMKV completes successfully that everything is OK?
Yes
That's good news. So MakeMKV will know when it can successfully decrypt something and it'll give up and yell at me.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!
If MakeMKV can't do something will it report an error?
Yes - and if you keep the "Debug log" turned on, should a problem arise, additional coded information will be generated that you can submit here for further analysis and explanation...