Default names for chapters.

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
Aast656
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:24 pm

Default names for chapters.

Post by Aast656 »

MKVMerge names the chapters in English (chapters 1, chapter 2, etc.) It is possible to change program behavious so by default chapters are names following a customized criterios, I.e. in Spanish as Escena 1, Escena 2, etc.

I know the with MKVToonix I can change the chapters of a mkv, but I would like to avoid this additional step.

Thanks!
Woodstock
Posts: 10980
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:21 pm

Re: Default names for chapters.

Post by Woodstock »

Actually, MakeMKV uses the names assigned in the chapter track on the DVD or BD... it's simply copying that track over. I know this because I occasionally find a DVD or BD that was authored with specific names for the chapters (Opening, Titles, Part A, Part B, Credits, Preview), and those find their way into the MKV file.