Now, I'm using PLEX...and need to convert some .ISOs.
I converted one, and was left with 9 .mkv "titles". I tried putting them in a folder, and having PLEX read that; but I get a playback error...so I assume I'm doing something wrong.
Woodstock wrote:"One movie" may have multiple files - MakeMKV probably extracted all the extras, too.
I would suggest you try playing the files with a program on your computer, such as VLC (from videolan.org), to see what is IN the files.
Everything above is a guess; with no information to work from, there isn't a lot anyone can say.
In this case...I have no doubt you're right. So...is that a "limitation" of MakeMKV; if you have a title, where you want to capture "extras"...there's no way, to "mux" them into one playable file?
If you're looking to duplicate the operation of the ISO, then the ISO is the way to go, at least for DVD. Everything else gives you individual files to play. All of the programs that are intended to reduce the size of the files are going to remove the menus and such, with the possible exception of something like "DVD shrink", but I've never played with that.