My Avast stopped MakeMKV 1.9.5 beta on startup with a warning of Win32:Evo-gen [Susp]
I've never had this warning before. I tried a fresh download/install and it was blocked again. Has your program been corrupted?
Trojan Virus warning from from MakeMKV 1.9.5
-
billbillw
- Posts: 26
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:43 pm
-
Woodstock
- Posts: 10977
- Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:21 pm
Re: Trojan Virus warning from from MakeMKV 1.9.5
Make sure your AVAST database is up-to-date, as the report is a false positive. Others have reported that the latest A/V database fixes this.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ about BETA and PERMANENT keys.
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
FAQ about BETA and PERMANENT keys.
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
-
billbillw
- Posts: 26
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:43 pm
Re: Trojan Virus warning from from MakeMKV 1.9.5
Yes, I did report as false positive. My database is current. It updates just about daily.
-
mattias83
- Posts: 69
- Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:44 am
Re: Trojan Virus warning from from MakeMKV 1.9.5
Yup, my Avast is up-to-date as of right now, and it just deleted Makemkv.exe. Now when I'm trying to re-install it Avast immediately deletes it again.
-
truckmann
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:51 pm
Re: Trojan Virus warning from from MakeMKV 1.9.5
Same issue here. Avast was deleting the makemkv.exe file immediately upon install with no warning. I had to add an exclusion to allow it to install.