Hi all,
a newb here, I am wondering, does the name of the folder that a bluray is ripped to matter? I have left all the names of the folders to the default which is normally the disk name. Does this matter? Or can I name the folder something more user friendly? i.e. instead of \Backup\Wolverine change the folder to \Backuo\X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Will this affect playback? Also would there be an issue if I converted the backup folder (in this case X-Men Origins: Wolverine) to an ISO with the same name?
Thanks for any insight
Renaming the MKV Backup Folder for a full disk backup
-
crowdx
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:03 pm
-
ndjamena
- Posts: 830
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:23 am
Re: Renaming the MKV Backup Folder for a full disk backup
You can't have a colon (:) in a file or folder name, as well as several other reserved characters (*?<>/\"|). The folder name shouldn't matter at all, since the paths are used in a relative manner not absolute.
-
crowdx
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:03 pm
Re: Renaming the MKV Backup Folder for a full disk backup
Thanks, exactly what I needed to know 