Setting default tracks for subtitles and audio
-
animal
- Posts: 25
- Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:04 am
Setting default tracks for subtitles and audio
Is there a way to set a default audio and default subtitle track in makemkv without having to use mkvtoolnix on all my rips? When I rip English subtitles, I always have to change the default subtitle flag(s) to "no" so they don't turn on automatically in vlc. It's not a major problem...it would save a step if this was built into makemkv.
-
PaulCB
- Posts: 78
- Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:26 am
Re: Setting default tracks for subtitles and audio
Not quite as clear as MKVMerge but the function is there:
http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic ... 566#p18325
http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic ... 566#p18325
-
Romansh
- Posts: 873
- Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:09 pm
Re: Setting default tracks for subtitles and audio
This should be more useful: http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4385
…set it to false instead 
Code: Select all
setFirstSubtitleTrackAsDefault - set "default" flag for a first subtitle track. Default - true.-
animal
- Posts: 25
- Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:04 am
Re: Setting default tracks for subtitles and audio
This is exactly what I was looking for. I will test this weekend. Thanks!
-
bruce
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:16 pm
Re: Setting default tracks for subtitles and audio
I'm going to try this too. But, it would be very handy to just have a checkbox on the subtitle's or audio like "Set as Default" and "Force". So some movies could easily have no default and others with say mixed languages the forced subtitles could be set on and as the default. Then foreign films could just have the full english (or your native language) set as default for the subtitles.