Does makemkv use "vobsub" as standard output for subtitles? If so, is it possible to create a profile that can output UTF-8 or PGS subtitle files?
The problem is that my popcorn hour A300 can't play the vobsub format. Has anyone a solution for this problem?
Thanks!
bob / cyberdwarf
VobSub
-
SorenM
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:24 pm
- Location: Winchester, UK
Re: VobSub
You get VobSub subtitles from DVDs but PGS subtitles from blu rays.
In order to use either on my Samsung TV, I convert to SRT; which unfortunately is a semi-manual process.
In order to use either on my Samsung TV, I convert to SRT; which unfortunately is a semi-manual process.
-
Chetwood
- Posts: 999
- Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:16 am
Re: VobSub
Drop Popcorn and get a WDTV Live that plays (embedded) PGS and VobSubscyberdwarf wrote:Has anyone a solution for this problem?
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
-
paulster
- Posts: 200
- Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:54 pm
Re: VobSub
Popcorn Hours support both VOBSUB and PGS subtitles natively in MKV files, so I don't know what your problem is.
I have hundreds of titles with subtitles in them, in bothh VOBSUB and PGS format, depending on whether they were sourced from DVD or Blu-ray.
I have hundreds of titles with subtitles in them, in bothh VOBSUB and PGS format, depending on whether they were sourced from DVD or Blu-ray.