3D Blurays
-
twa000
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:52 pm
3D Blurays
So if I tick the 3D MVC box I get a MVC Mkv....... if I don't tick the box what do I get????? 2D or 3D SBS or...... 
-
Romansh
- Posts: 873
- Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:09 pm
Re: 3D Blurays
You get a 2D MKV (MakeMKV discards the MVC extension and only keeps the base 2D view).
-
captain
- Posts: 175
- Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:11 am
Re: 3D Blurays
Sweet! Now, where is this 3D tick box? I have to go back and re-rip a few discs.
Bummer that there does not appear to be some trick to playing back the resulting files via Boxee. It looks like something like this http://www.amazon.com/iconBIT-XDS1003D- ... 005O29F1O/ will be required.
Bummer that there does not appear to be some trick to playing back the resulting files via Boxee. It looks like something like this http://www.amazon.com/iconBIT-XDS1003D- ... 005O29F1O/ will be required.
-
Romansh
- Posts: 873
- Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:09 pm
Re: 3D Blurays
The MVC 3D capable Mede3er devices reportedly can play MakeMKV's MVC-in-MKV and output 3D to a compatible TV. The latest Popcorn Hour (A-400) can also play it, but only only outputs 2D to the TV for now.
-
twa000
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:52 pm
Re: 3D Blurays
I currently have a Mede8er MED600-X3D and that handles MVC MKV (as does the larger MED1100-X3D), the Dune Base 3D/TV303D (which I also have) do not currently but expect a firmware update shortly (Romansh wrote:The MVC 3D capable Mede3er devices reportedly can play MakeMKV's MVC-in-MKV and output 3D to a compatible TV. The latest Popcorn Hour (A-400) can also play it, but only only outputs 2D to the TV for now.