Can I Flash my WH16NS40 to 1.02?

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
Cainius
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2026 2:20 am

Can I Flash my WH16NS40 to 1.02?

Post by Cainius »

Drive Information
OS device name: D:
Manufacturer: HL-DT-ST
Product: BD-RE WH16NS40
Revision: 1.05
Serial number: M6BIAMF5623
Firmware date: 2120-05-06 14:40
Bus encryption flags: 17

LibreDrive Information
Status: Possible (with patched firmware)
Drive platform: MT1959
Harware support: Yes
Firmware support: No
Firmware type: Original (patched version available)
Firmware version: 1.05
DVD all regions: Possible (with patched firmware)
BD raw data read: Possible (with patched firmware)
BD raw metadata read: Possible (with patched firmware)
Unrestricted read speed: Possible (with patched firmware)
I've been poking around and noticed that if the drive is too old it won't work, I can't tell how old mine is, my brother got it for me some time ago.

I just want to watch UHD with it. (if possible)
Billycar11
Posts: 6239
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:49 am

Re: Can I Flash my WH16NS40 to 1.02?

Post by Billycar11 »

yes it can beflashed to do UHD see guide below

or email me or marty for an auto flasher see below for email
Buy a drive from the guide and video maker: viewtopic.php?t=17831
UHD Drive Guide: viewtopic.php?t=19634
Auto flash kit $40 Email Billycar5924@gmail.com No attachments