ASUS SBW-06D5H-U

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
Amnesiac
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2024 11:58 am

ASUS SBW-06D5H-U

Post by Amnesiac »

Hello Everyone,

I'm still quite new to this, so even after a few hours browsing the Forum, please forgive me if I ask any questions that seem obvious.

I was wondering if I could get LibreDrive for the unit I am using and was looking if someone could provide me some guidance to help me get there.

Here are my Drive info:

Drive Information
OS device name: E:
Manufacturer: ASUS
Product: SBW-06D5H-U
Revision: E102
Serial number: [redacted]
Firmware date: 2023-04-20
Bus encryption flags: 1B
Highest AACS version: 16

LibreDrive Information
Status: Possible, not yet enabled
Drive platform: Pioneer RS8511
Firmware version: ID26

Also I was wondering, if in case of standard DVDs and BDs, LibreDrive compatibility would make any difference in quality?
I have a minority of 4K Blue-rays, got mostly BDs standard and old DVDs.

Thank you very much for your help.

Stefano
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Woodstock
Posts: 10980
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:21 pm

Re: ASUS SBW-06D5H-U

Post by Woodstock »

Firmware date: 2023-04-20
Unfortunately, any firmware date on or after 12/22/2022 on Pioneer drives are blocked by the manufacturer from being upgraded to ripping UHD.
Janssen
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2025 1:42 pm

Re: ASUS SBW-06D5H-U

Post by Janssen »

But could still be used to rip Blu-Rays and DVDs?
Woodstock
Posts: 10980
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:21 pm

Re: ASUS SBW-06D5H-U

Post by Woodstock »

Yes, it should work well on non-4K disks.