Good idee to get LibreDrive firmware and how?

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
T-buch
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 4:29 am

Good idee to get LibreDrive firmware and how?

Post by T-buch »

From time to tome I see this
¤PC1706-.jpg
I think I understand that flashing this Drive into a Libre Drive may result in better bluray-ripping with fewer errors
Can I save the origial firmware like when I update the MB BIOS?
Which program should I use to flash the drive?

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Woodstock
Posts: 10980
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:21 pm

Re: Good idee to get LibreDrive firmware and how?

Post by Woodstock »

Have you read the 2021 Flashing guide?

LibreDrive does not make up for the drive not being able to read the bits on the optical disk. It tells the drive to ignore restrictions imposed by the disks.