Two copies of a Movie on UHD Disc

Everything related to MakeMKV
Dealseeker
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:18 am

Two copies of a Movie on UHD Disc

Post by Dealseeker »

Hi everyone,

Just getting back into ripping my movies to MKV since last doing it with DVDs way back when. I grabbed my first disc in alphabetical order (A Quiet Place) and ripped it yesterday. However, it appears that there are 2 copies of the movie on the disk so I got 2 MKV files, both exactly the same size of 57GB. I've opened up both and checked the specs for them and they appear at first glance to be identical. I just opened up MakeMKV with this disc again to take a closer look and lo and behold there are definitely 2 copies on the disc itself. Any idea how I can tell the difference between them and which one I should rip and keep and which I shouldn't?

Thanks for helping out a newbie.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Woodstock
Posts: 10977
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:21 pm

Re: Two copies of a Movie on UHD Disc

Post by Woodstock »

Dealseeker
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:18 am

Re: Two copies of a Movie on UHD Disc

Post by Dealseeker »

Thanks! I did a search for a bunch of terms before posting but playlist wasn’t one of them. I’ll read through it.
dcoke22
Posts: 4580
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:25 pm

Re: Two copies of a Movie on UHD Disc

Post by dcoke22 »

In this case, the one you want is undoubtedly the one with chapters, not the one without.
Dealseeker
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:18 am

Re: Two copies of a Movie on UHD Disc

Post by Dealseeker »

Thanks! I’ve been pouring through the forums and am slowly educating myself on what to look for.