Country Music Live at Ryman (Ken Burns concert) - SCSI Error: No Seek Complete

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
mac35years

Country Music Live at Ryman (Ken Burns concert) - SCSI Error: No Seek Complete

Post by mac35years »

I've looked through the boards and see references to issues with the documentary series discs(DVDs and BluRays), but this is about the related DVD of the Ryman concert that accompanied the documentary. The disc plays fine in my DVD player, but MAKEMKV only sees two titles, both are shorts about the show. The concert itself does not show up. I've tried in the internal SuperDrive in my old MacBook (which has read everything I've fed it without issues), and an external ARCHGON ultra-slim external BluRay drive and get the same results. Any help would be appreciated as I am trying to add this to my concert catalog.

Log (from external drive) seems to show some error, and a screenshot of the titles it found are as follows:

MakeMKV v1.15.2 darwin(x64-release) started
Optical drive "DVD+R-DL MATSHITA DVD-R UJ-898 HE13d" opened in OS access mode.
Optical drive "BD-RE HL-DT-ST BD-RE BU40N U100d" opened in OS access mode.
Using direct disc access mode
Title #3 has length of 43 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #4 was added (1 cell(s), 0:07:11)
Title #5 was added (1 cell(s), 0:02:38)
Title #6 has length of 5 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #8 has length of 5 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #13 has length of 43 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #16 has length of 43 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #19 has length of 43 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
CellWalk algorithm failed (structure protection is too tough?), trying CellTrim algorithm
Cells 1-1 were removed from title start
Cells 36-38 were removed from title end
Title #22 has length of 43 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
CellWalk algorithm failed (structure protection is too tough?), trying CellTrim algorithm
Title #25 has length of 43 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #28 has length of 43 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #31 has length of 43 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #34 has length of 43 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #37 has length of 43 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #40 has length of 43 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #43 has length of 43 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #46 has length of 43 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #49 has length of 43 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #52 has length of 43 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:NO SEEK COMPLETE' occurred while issuing SCSI command A40..0342CE60..00CC4 to device 'IoKit:/IOBDServices/565A439D'
Operation successfully completed
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 2.54.47 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 2.54.47 PM.png (22.57 KiB) Viewed 8577 times
jeffs3820

Re: Country Music Live at Ryman (Ken Burns concert) - SCSI Error: No Seek Complete

Post by jeffs3820 »

I have the exact same problem. Suggestions anyone??