Drives won't show up.

Everything related to MakeMKV
stenzilone
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:54 am

Drives won't show up.

Post by stenzilone »

I have three different drives connected to my computer. One is a BluRay and the other two are DVD drives. When I downloaded the program a couple of months ago, the drives showed up, but now none of them are showing up. I have changed the case of the computer a couple of times, but everything else is still the same. I've tried only connecting one drive, but that didn't seem to work, but if I uninstall the program and then reinstall it at the end of the install it asks if you want to open MKV, if I select yes, all three drives load up, but as soon as I close the program and open it back up, none of the drives work. Does anyone have any idea what could be going on or what I am doing wrong?

Thanks.
Woodstock
Posts: 10977
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:21 pm

Re: Drives won't show up.

Post by Woodstock »

Have you installed the Windows October 2019 update? If so, have you read about the new "ransomware" permissions that block optical drives from access by programs not blessed by Microsoft?