Even if they didn't contribute directly i have used their information
Don't Forget To Buy MakeMkv Once You Get Ripping Your UHDs:
Recommended UHD Drives to get:
All of these drives will need to be flashed to unlock UHD Reading/Ripping
LG WH16NS60, UHD Official Internal 5.25
LG BU40N, UHD Official Internal Slim Sata 9.5mm
LG WH14NS40, UHD Friendly Internal 5.25
LG WH16NS40, UHD Friendly Internal 5.25
ASUS BW-16D1HT, UHD Friendly Internal 5.25
ASUS BW-16D1HT Pro, UHD Friendly Internal 5.25
LG BH16NS55, UHD Friendly Internal 5.25
Buffalo BRUHD-PU3-BK, UHD Official, External Slim 9.5mm USB 3.0
Archgon MD-8107S-U3-UHD, UHD Official, External Slim 9.5mm USB 3.0-Marty
BP60NB10, UHD Official External Slim 9.5mm USB 2.0
BP50NB40, UHD Officialish External Slim 9.5mm USB 2.0
IMPORTANT Do Not Buy:
WP50NB40 NB52 External Slim 9.5mm USB 2.0 - Not Flashable for now
Recommended Pre-Flashed Drive Sellers:
We are not affiliated with MakeMKV just fellow users
Billy: Billycar5924@gmail.com Flashed and Tested upfront prices at link below And Automated self flash kits
Marty: firstname.lastname@example.org upfront prices at link below And Automated self flash kits
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=18747 Australia & NZ only
BluntmanUHD@protonmail.com upfront prices at link below
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=21354 Canada Only
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19387 UK & International
additional resources/options can be found here:
Recommended Firmware to flash for MakeMKV:
WH16NS60 on any Firmware directly to > WH16NS60 1.02MK
WH14NS40 on any Firmware directly to > WH16NS60 1.02MK
WH16NS40 on any Firmware directly to > WH16NS60 1.02MK
BH16NS55 on any Firmware directly to > WH16NS60 1.02MK
Asus BW-16D1HT on any Firmware directly to > Asus BW-16D1HT 3.10MK
BU40N on any Firmware directly to > BU40N 1.03MK
BP50NB40 to > BP50NB40-NB50-1.03MK then to > BP60NB10 1.02MK or 1.00MK
BP60NB10 on any Firmware directly to > BP60NB10 1.02MK
USB enclosures/sata adapters that work with optical drives and flashing:
Vantec NST-536S3-BK 5.25 case
Vantec NST-510S3-BK 9.5mm slim sata case
OWC Mercury Pro 5.25 case
Unitek Y-1034 USB to sata cable-Marty
Unitek Y-1039 USB to sata cable
Unitek Y-1099 USB to sata cable-fishman
Unitek Y-3324 USB to sata cable
ICY BOX IB-550StU3S 5.25 case-ddeconin
USB enclosures/sata adapters that work with optical drives but don't support flashing:
All UHD Friendly drives have the sleep bug, this is when a UHD disk is left idle in the drive for 2 minutes. Once the drive goes to sleep, the UHD Friendly drive will no longer be able to read the disk without opening and closing the disk tray and will make horrible seeking noises until this is done.
Sleep Bug Fix:
To fix the sleep bug on a UHD Friendly drive flash firmware from an UHD Official drive like WH16NS60 DE 1.00 or 1.01MK
IMPORTANT Before you flash:
1. Make sure your Drive was built after 2015 on label
2. Drive Platform MT1959<Most important in makemkv
3. SVC NS50+ LG only on label
4. Just because your drive is the same model number does not mean it will work, if you are unsure ask me i offer remote flashing and check everything before i flash.
5. Dont flash your dive if it does not meet these requirements if you do you will be unable to read all disks and unable to restore without dosflash that does not work on most modern computers
1. Changes the drive to act as another and gain most or all of its benefits
2. Can be used to increase a drives ripping speed and fix the sleep bug
1. Don't crossflash desktop drives to slim drives or the other way around
2. In some cases crossflashing an Asus drive to an LG or the other way around you may no longer be able to burn disks-SamuriHL
3. Flashing Official UHD firmware to a UHD Friendly drive will not enable Powerdvd aacs 2 decryption or playback
Newer OEM Firmwares and encrypted:
New Encrypted firmware
List of Know Encrypted firmware (so far, any firmware with date in 2020 is encrypted)
Code: Select all
HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_BE16NU50-1.04-N000300-212005081025.bin HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_BH14NS50-1.03-N000400-212004211008.bin HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_BH16NS40-NS50-1.05-N000600-212005061331.bin HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_BH16NS50-1.03-N000400-212004210958.bin HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_BH16NS55-1.05-N000400-212004211049.bin HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_BH16NS60-1.02-N000600-212005081014.bin HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_BP50NB40-NB50-1.03-N000800-212005070917.bin HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_BP55EB40-NB50-1.03-N000800-212005070924.bin HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_BP60NB10-1.02-N000800-212005070935.bin HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_BU40N-1.04-N000500-212005061142.bin HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_BU40N-BN13-0002300-212009251104.bin HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_WH14NS40-NS50-1.05-N000900-212005061444.bin HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_WH16NS40-NS50-1.05-N000900-212005061440.bin HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_WH16NS60-1.03-N000600-212005081010.bin HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_WP50NB40-NB50-1.03-N000800-212005070929.bin HL-DT-ST-BDDVDRW_CH12NS40-1.03-N000800-212005080957.bin HL-DT-ST-BDDVDRW_UH12NS40-1.03-N000800-212005080959.bin
The newer OEM firmwares cannot be flashed easily due to the additional downgrade checks implemented by the drive/firmware manufacturer. If your drive has one of these firmwares, and there is no MK version of the same firmware/drive model or higher number, you will have to sidegrade to Asus 3.10MK (for compatible ASUS 5.25 drives ONLY) or (LG WH16NS60 1.02MK for compatible LG 5.25) or (BU40N 1.03MK LG Slim drives ONLY) respectively. (Note: MK firmware is available for firmware versions mentioned above.) Keeping the flashing of firmware in these scenarios within their respective family of drives/firmware (e.g ASUS firmware for ASUS drives and LG firmware for LG drives) at this stage of flashing. Then afterwards if that initial flash is successful you can move to different firmware respectively if you would like a different and compatible firmware version for the drive in question.
As previously stated in this guide. DO NOT crossflash between ASUS and LG firmware for slim drives like the LG BU40N for example. It will brick your drive. You’ve now been warned twice within this guide regarding this.
Unlocked Flashers, Downgrade Enabled Firmware and MK Firmware:
The only flasher anyone should be using now is Martys SDF GUI it now has built in safety's still check out the requirements and follow the recommending firmware but it shouldn't let you brick an old drive and should detect if the firmware is encrypted automatically
New! The all you need firmware pack: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HRnbXi ... sp=sharing
New! GUI SDF tool: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=22896
Asus flasher: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=18933
LG flasher + DE firmware viewtopic.php?f=16&t=18873#p70284
By: Blackened2687 & Billycar11
MK firmware: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=19113
By: Mike Admin
How To Flash Videos and commands:
New Updated guide for all Drives and firmware including encrypted firmware: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyQV1aPlbow
1. Open cmd as admin
2. Navigate to makemkvs install directory by default on 64 bit systems it is here: cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV"
3. If you have a listed encrypted firmware you must use this command: makemkvcon64.exe f --all-yes -d “ your drive letter here Example: D”: rawflash enc -i “path to your firmware Example: C:\Users\Billy\Downloads\Downgrade-Enabled-Firmware\Auto-Flash\LG-Desktop-NS60-sleep-fix\WH16NS60-1.02-MK.bin”
4. If you have unencrypted firmware use this command: makemkvcon64.exe f --all-yes -d “ your drive letter here Example: D”: rawflash -i “path to your firmware Example: C:\Users\Billy\Downloads\Downgrade-Enabled-Firmware\Auto-Flash\LG-Desktop-NS60-sleep-fix\WH16NS60-1.02-MK.bin”
5. Remove my examples and quotes ”” when you run the commands
Mac/linux commands to flash.
1. download sdf.bin
2. download the all you need firmware pack
3. Extract the file you need for your drive from the all you need firmware pack pick from the recommended firmware section.
4. then in terminal on the Mac
copy sdf.bin and the firmware file extracted from theall you need firmware pack into /tmp folder.
5. in terminal change directory "cd /Applications/MakeMKV.app/MacOS/Contents"
6. type "./makemkvcon f -l"
This will show your drive identifier should look similar to this ''/IOBDServices/D5D25996'
Found 1 drives(s)
00: /IOBDServices/D5D25996, /dev/rdisk3, /dev/rdisk3
7. to perform the flash, type "./makemkvcon f -d '/IOBDServices/D5D25996' -f /tmp/sdf.bin rawflash main -i /tmp/your firmware filename here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfpf6HoMMis only for unencrypted firmware
If you get the error:
No drive tool logic found in SDF.bin
Internal error 0x8d000000
first put a regular Blu-ray in and open the disc in MakeMKV by clicking the drive icon make sure you get no errors like failed to download sdf
then try the regular flashing again
if that does not work try the commands below.
you may use these commands to override the auto detect if it does not recognize your drive. for now only the -t mtk19xx should be used.
"-t mtk19xx" - forces MTK payload
"-t pioneer" - forces Pioneer payload
"-t hlrs" - forces HLDS/RS1013 payload (old combo HD-DVD drives and
early HLDS drives on Renesas chipset).
only use the recovery steps for older NS40 drives!!:
Ok here's a summary of what you need to do
Try the recovery option in sdf tool if that fails do this:
Downgrade your drive to WH16NS60 1.00 with sdftool or makemkv command line
Full shutdown pull power plug or flip switch push power button for 10 seconds
Then reflash WH16NS60 1.00 again with the unlocked lg or Asus flasher
Full shutdown pull power plug or flip switch push power button for 10 seconds
Then boot in to your dosflash bootable and dump the firmware https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXgybNfHhcg - Obsolete but can be useful for recovery
Use the transfer tool to your correct firmware and flash it.
NS40 Recovery Image:
Flashed an NS50 firmware to an NS40 drive and can no longer read disks this IMG has all the NS40 FW you need to recover your drive just follow my dos flash video guide linked above
https://www.mediafire.com/file/8by2zqop ... D.zip/file Made by
Manual Libredrive SDF download only for offline systems: http://www.makemkv.com/svq/sdf.bin
Hashed keys for UHD disks only for offline systems: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16959