Feature Requests

Everything related to MakeMKV
xpendable

Feature Requests

Post by xpendable »

Hello,

I have recently tried out MakeMKV and seems like a great tool, however I do have some suggestions/requests.

Window Size:
Save window size on exit, currently the windows has to be re-sized at every load.

Selection Defaults:
Option to select default video, audio & subtitle tracks of the loaded disc
ex. Subtitle - English
ex. Video - Main Title only
ex. Audio - TrueHD only English

Output MKV Filename:
Default filename to the name of the video disc

Option to ignore AnyDVD:
I have purchased AnyDVD for a reason and do not feel that another program should force to unload it. AnyDVD is designed to run in the background and do all the decryption required so other applications don't have to and to provide the ability for other applications to read the data if they do not have this capability.

Multichannel FLAC Support:
I know that this has already been requested, but figured I would through this in at the same time with the rest.
rghabel

Re: Feature Requests

Post by rghabel »

I also just tried MakeMKV, and have been impressed with it. I started with Terminator Salvation, and was impressed that MakeMKV clumped all .m2ts files together so i could conveniently use Handbrake to resize the Title files.

Background for my requests: I ripped my DVD collection with a script that I crated using HandbrakeCLI, I found it the easiest way to get consistent results while my wife and I ripped all our movies. My wife could drop in a DVD, wait for AnyDVD to complete loading, double click my script, name the file, choose either animation or film from my script, allow it to rip the movie, then email our cell phones letting us know that the rip was completed and we could put the next DVD in.
I see that MakeMKV could be a rapper to HandbrakeCLI. Having the ability to save preferred rip methods strategies, so my wife or I could drop in a DVD or BD disc and click a button and come back 12 hours later to a folder containing the shrunk contents.
(I would even be willing to write the script for HandbrakeCLI if MakeMKV could be setup to spawn the script after it puts the title tracks together.)

Also, could MakeMKV fetch the movie and track information so that it could automagically name the title while it rips the BD or DVD. Rip the entire BD and label which parts are extra features, main title, main title directors cute, exclude audio tracks that aren't English (as noted below), etc...
Maybe have these options available in a ' user saved profile' setting.

Basically, what I'm asking for is for something like what Exact Audio Copy did for creating high quality audio cd rips. (EAC: if you popped in a CD it would fetch the CD and track information from FreeDB, then ripped the audio track into a WAV file, then converted the wav file into an MP3 by using Lame (the de facto for high quality MP3s)

For something with this type of complete automation and convenience, I think people would pay money. I know I would. :)

Rob
Marc_G

Re: Feature Requests

Post by Marc_G »

+1 for the above.

Particularly, just put in the disc and let the software identify it by its title, and take it from there all automatically. This presumes some accessible database that would turn a BD/DVD name like (making this up) CHUCK_SEAS2_1 into knowledge that it was Chuck, Season 2, Disc 1 containing episodes 1-6, and knowing which track is which, and having them end up in a file structure like:
Chuck
Season 2
Chuck_S2E01.MKV
Chuck_S2E02.MKV
and so on.

All definable so these would go where your media handler of the moment can find them and grab metadata. For example, I use Media Browser and there is a specific set of folders I would use.

Definitely the option to automatically select just specific types of tracks (english subtitles and specific audio, for example).

I for one don't use Handbrake or anything like that to change the quality, but I can see how handy the suggested features would be to those that do such things.

Marc