A_DTS stream

Everything related to MakeMKV
SBehn

A_DTS stream

Post by SBehn »

Hi folks,

i tried now two times to rip a bluray to mkv with MakeMKV. So far it looks like a great tool and i appreciate the work. But i have one serious problem which keeps from using it. The .mkv files dont play properly in MediaPortal. I have lots of stuttering. Other 1080p .mkv play perfectly fine, also selfmade ones with eac3to GUI: HD-DVD/Blu-Ray Stream Extractor and mergemkv work perfectly fine. I tried to figure out the difference between the step by step muxed one and the MakeMKV result (same bluray).

First i thought the MakeMKV .mkv brakes my DXVA and thats why i have stuttering but i found another difference: The MakeMKV file contains an A_DTS audiostream and the ones working properly contain a DTS audiostream. So i tried to just demux the MakeMKV file again with eac3to GUI: HD-DVD/Blu-Ray Stream Extractor and merge it again to a new MKV. Resulting in a DTS audiostream it works just great. So i am afraid that i have problem with these A_DTS audiostream. I cant figure out why, i dont think its a DTS HD audio stream because the size is just equal to my DTS audiostream.

Any ideas? Since MakeMKV uses eac3to too, it should be able to get it working properly for me right?

I would appreciate some help and i can give MediaInfo logs of working and not working files if needed.

Greets,
SBehn
mike admin

Re: A_DTS stream

Post by mike admin »

Thank you for reporting this. We'll try to reproduce the issue.
SBehn

Re: A_DTS stream

Post by SBehn »

Is it an issue? I mean what is an A_DTS audio stream? Or better, what is the difference between A_DTS and DTS audio stream. Is A_DTS the DTS HD stream?