MakeMKV can't read external Hard Drive from Western Digital

Everything related to MakeMKV
Sidrack

MakeMKV can't read external Hard Drive from Western Digital

Post by Sidrack »

Can't read this thing properly.

My model is a MyBook Essential, 1 TB, using USB. In this case it's a HD decrypted with Truecrypt.

MakeMKV says after I open:
MakeMKV v1.6.16 win(x86-release) started
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:INVALID COMMAND OPERATION CODE' occurred while issuing SCSI command 46020..00140 to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom1'
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:INVALID COMMAND OPERATION CODE' occurred while issuing SCSI command 46020..00140 to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom1'

What is going on? This is the only drive that is presenting a problem. I have used 12 more (external drives), but this one it looks like it's being considered a different thing.

When I attempt to convert the contents to Matroska, it returns the "AnyDVD warning" message.

And it starts converting, fine, but stops later, freezing MakeMKV. It stopped after 16 GB were written in my internal HD.

Can you please verify if MakeMKV have some incompatibility issues with this?

P.S. I attempted to convert a Blu-ray decrypted in this Hard Drive. I instructed MakeMKV to read the BDMV folder.

P.S?. I think I have identified the problem:

I will test another title from the same HD.

Edit: Still freezing, now at 42%. I will make a final attempt: this time removing Truecrypt's encryption.

As you can see, this is related to the way this HD was built. Since MAKEMKV worked with another 12 HDDs (but none of them was a MyBook).

Final results:

- Unable to remove encryption. I am contacting Truecrypt support;
- Unable to deal with the files after copy them to my internal Hard Drive. Same issues.

What's going on? I have no idea. But I doubt this HDD have corrupted the files.

Edited again:
You can only decrypt the system drive/partitions. For non-system, format the drive which means you need to be able to copy the data to somewhere else to restore after formating the non-system drive/partitions.
Truecrypt staff replied this.

So, it's about that AnyDVD warning. There's nothing wrong with the HDD.

I will try using tsMuxerGUI, to see if my problem can be fixed. tsMuxerGUI was able to convert to MKV some discs refused by MakeMKV.