auto bluray title recognition

Everything related to MakeMKV
gollumscave

auto bluray title recognition

Post by gollumscave »

Hi there,

I am looking for a solution to fully automate BluRay ripping.
I currently have MakeMKV working almost exactly the way I want it using makemkvcon under linux.
With a single click of a button in my program (XBMC) the program starts ripping the inserted bluray disk to a pre-set destination.

Now the problem that I have is that the output file doesn't contain a filename. Is there a command line option to have the output data to be written to the preset destination, but create a folder in there with the volume name?

Actually the best thing would be for me the way that MyMovies does it. Somehow it is able to identify the inserted BluRay disc ( I think with help of gracenote??) so that it is able to download the correct metadata. Can MakeMKV determine the title of the disc inserted based on a code, and name the output folder accordingly?

If not, is it possible as a future option?

Last question is what is the command line parameter for volume name? so that i can save to /usr/share/username/makemkvtemp/<volumename>/output
where output is the BDMV and Certificate folder ofcourse
mike admin

Re: auto bluray title recognition

Post by mike admin »

gollumscave wrote: Now the problem that I have is that the output file doesn't contain a filename. Is there a command line option to have the output data to be written to the preset destination, but create a folder in there with the volume name?
Yes, but you have to change it in preferences. See "default destination" option
gollumscave wrote: Actually the best thing would be for me the way that MyMovies does it. Somehow it is able to identify the inserted BluRay disc ( I think with help of gracenote??) so that it is able to download the correct metadata. Can MakeMKV determine the title of the disc inserted based on a code, and name the output folder accordingly?
All these services identify a disc by a certain file. You can easily read it directly from your application.