problem when i?m converting both dvd and blu ray.

Everything related to MakeMKV
manonano

problem when i?m converting both dvd and blu ray.

Post by manonano »

hello, first i want to say thanks for the great program, it works so fast and making a good quality of all my movies! :)

I will try to explain what my problem is with my bad english :lol: :lol:

aim using a blu ray player from philips. ( 8000 modell)

the only reason i bought it is Actually because it takes a extern hdd harddisk with ntfs format.

But i got problem, i didnt know that bd player cannot read iso and img .

so when im extract both the dvd and the blu ray i get of course 2 folders.

video ts= dvd
bdmv= blu ray

of course i can play the large files ( the movie file) in both folders. But i can`t do it with subtitle. ( swedish)

so i saw the makemkv program and gave it a chance.

But i still have that problem.

of course i pick up only the swedish subtitle before i start to make a mkv.fil

if i try to see the movie in my computer with VLC i see it with the swedish subtitle.
But if i put it in my extern hdd disk and later try to se it from the blu ray player, i get problem.

I can of course se the movie, but the subtitle dont start.
i try using my bd player remote control to start the subtitle whit the subtitle button i have in my remote control. In the tv i can se when i navigate to the swedish subtitle the i press "ok" but nothing happens.

This problem do i get with both dvd ( video ts mapps) and bd (bdmv).

can somebody give me a solutions?

thanks guys! :)
crowfax

Re: problem when i?m converting both dvd and blu ray.

Post by crowfax »

manonano wrote:can somebody give me a solutions?
Your player can't play PGS subtitles inside MKV files.

This problem is fixable, but lengthy. How technologically savvy are you? How much do you know about audio/video/subtitle formats?
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
manonano

Post by manonano »

crowfax wrote:
manonano wrote:can somebody give me a solutions?
Your player can't play PGS subtitles inside MKV files.

This problem is fixable, but lengthy. How technologically savvy are you? How much do you know about audio/video/subtitle formats?

It depends how much technologic i have to be :lol:

actully im reading and learning every day someting new about formats and stuff.

I think that i saw a thread somewere about a issue that was little like my..

i have to work with a few programs to take the sub out from the movie, then format to srt or sub. and then put it back into the movie :?

its meaningless for me to work like that, beacuse its take so long time..to do it. makemkv files is good just beacuse its works so fast. :wink:

if this program cant help me...can you mabe Suggsest me another program, how works fast and fix the ting a want?

thanks body!
manonano

Post by manonano »

NO body ho can help me?
crowfax

Post by crowfax »

You need to extract the PGS subtitles using mkvextract (part of the MKVtoolnix package: http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/).

Once you have extracted the subtitles, you need to convert them to 'SUB' subtitles using BDSup2SUB: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=145277

Then you use MMG which came with mkvtoolnix to remux the original video file, and the new SUB file, into a new file.
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox