No chapters in mkv rips

Everything related to MakeMKV
adriandg

No chapters in mkv rips

Post by adriandg »

Hi

I've installed the latest version of makeMKV and have ripped 3 different SD DVDs. At the moment I have ony been playing them back on vlc on my pc as I haven't invested in a media streamer yet.

What I have noticed on all the resultant mkv file for the three rips that there is no chapter information. When I play the file it is just the one chapter the complete length of the film. The only settings I have changed are the default folder that the file will output to and set the subtitles to English only. When it scans the disc it picks up the chapters of the main film and that is all I check with the English 5.1 soundtrack. So I get rid of all the menus and extras.

I have also installed this on two different computers, one running xp 32 bit and the other running windows 7 64 bit but the outcome is the same.

Can anyone help?

Cheers
adriandg

Re: No chapters in mkv rips

Post by adriandg »

Hi

It said 34 cells and 23 chapters for my Transformers DVD. I have attached a screen shot.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

This does look like a problem with your player. You can use mkvtoolnix to confirm that the file has chapters.
adriandg

Post by adriandg »

It is the player. I've just played it now and used the drop down menu at the top of the screen and selected "next chapter" and it did move on. So I say it was the player, it was really me being a dumb ass.

Cheers