Makemkv MacOS doesn't work anymore...

Everything related to MakeMKV
dermotacaroline

Makemkv MacOS doesn't work anymore...

Post by dermotacaroline »

Good morning,
I work on a Mac and I can no longer get Makemkv to work. It's the first time it's happened to me...
I downloaded the BETA version (updated in May 2024) and I still get this result (see image)

Thank you for your help
Attachments
Capture d’écran 2024-09-09 à 21.39.01.png
Capture d’écran 2024-09-09 à 21.39.01.png (227.01 KiB) Viewed 555 times
Woodstock

Re: Makemkv MacOS doesn't work anymore...

Post by Woodstock »

Did you also grab the current key? The version that is in the file you downloaded has a key that expired. The upload isn't changed, but the key gets replaced every two months.
Notebook

Post by Notebook »

Where do you find the current key?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Same place all the time:

MakeMKV is free while in beta
usethis

Post by usethis »

It happened to me as well - AFTER - I've put in the newly published key (which seems to be corrupt somehow as well)
Trying to overwrite the installed version did not solve the issue, the error keeps reoccurring so even with a future/paid key it may not work. Now if I start the application it says the version is too old and to register or download a new version. When I click register, the fatal error appears, the main application window is closing BUT the key entry windows comes up (pre-filled with a long string).
Really hope it can be fixed in the near future.
usethis

Post by usethis »

Update:

As found out by another user and mentioned in another post: When using an external USB drive a simple fix seems to be to temporary unplug it.
The app started normally and I was able to register the new key. After the app closed, I reconnected the drive and things seem ok now.
dpcook

Post by dpcook »

The program was closing on opening until I ejected the DVD and the MakeMKV dmg. Once I did that, the program went back to asking for a new registration key.