LOTR -Fellowship of the ring errors

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
STRAYDOG626

LOTR -Fellowship of the ring errors

Post by STRAYDOG626 »

I recently purchased the UHD HDR Trilogy of the Lord of the rings and im trying to put it on my plex server. Each movie has 2 parts since its the Extended Version. Every disk except The fellowship of the Ring part one has worked without a problem using MakeMKV. I tried restarting my PC and using different USB ports nothing seems to work. it gets hung up on the at the same spot every time.

i get these Errors

Error 'OS error - The specified request is not a valid operation for the target device' occurred while reading '\Device\CdRom0' at offset '29214111744'
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:INVALID FIELD IN CDB' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00073.m2ts' at offset '29214111744'
Woodstock

Re: LOTR -Fellowship of the ring errors

Post by Woodstock »

Exact same spot usually indicates a flaw on the disk. Similar spot (not exact sector number) often points to the disk spinning faster than the port can power, and shutting down.

Is the USB port a 2.0 or 3.X powered port? Often 2.0 ports will be able to power a drive up to about 70-80% of speed, which is why drives often come with dual-head cables. Those need to be plugged into DIFFERENT port (or a powered hub) to get full power.
STRAYDOG626

Re: LOTR -Fellowship of the ring errors

Post by STRAYDOG626 »

Its the EXACT spot every time. at least according to the "Output size:" under information when you are Ripping. its within 0.1 M every try. so best to get a different copy and try again?