Audio Issues With MakeMKV & Iomega Director Player

Everything related to MakeMKV
MGS153

Audio Issues With MakeMKV & Iomega Director Player

Post by MGS153 »

I'm having a number of issues with the lack of or out of sync audio on "SOME" converted DVD's using MakeMKV...

Yesterday I converted "Journey to the center of the earth" 2005 DVD and it plays without any issues what so ever..

I then converted "Back to the Future" and when I try and start it from the beginning the sound is always out of sync - unless you jump to the second chapter (26mins) into the film and the it works fine, I have converted it twice once with DD & DTS selected and once with just DD and it the same... I also have the same problem with "We were Soldiers"...
MakeMKV v1.6.4 win(x86-release) started
Using direct disc access mode
Cells 22-end were skipped due to cell commands (structure protection?)
Title #0 was added (21 cell(s), 1:51:08)
Cells 2-end were skipped due to cell commands (structure protection?)
Title #1 was added (1 cell(s), 0:14:28)
Title #2 was added (1 cell(s), 0:15:29)
Title #3 was added (1 cell(s), 0:02:44)
Title #4 was added (1 cell(s), 0:08:49)
Title #5 was added (1 cell(s), 0:02:17)
Title #6 has length of 80 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #11 has length of 102 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #12 was added (1 cell(s), 0:05:02)
Title #13 has length of 24 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #14 has length of 21 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #15 has length of 14 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Operation successfully completed
Saving 1 titles into directory C:/Video/TODO/B2F
1 titles saved
Any suggestions as its driving me mad now....
setarip_old

Re: Audio Issues With MakeMKV & Iomega Director Player

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!

I wonder if your problem might be related to the following shortcoming, noted in a review:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/multimedi ... -Player/p2

Since the ScreenPlay Director is a media streaming device, it's hardly surprising to see it equipped with an Ethernet port. Strangely, this is only a 100/10Mbit interface, so if you happen to have any files with a greater than 12.5MB/s bit-rate (including audio, remember), you'll find playback just a bit jittery. Still, if streaming doesn't work there are three USB ports to connect an external drive to. One of the USB ports can be used with an optional 802.11n or 802.11b/g adaptor if you fancy adding Wi-Fi streaming to the player's list of abilities.

MGS153

Post by MGS153 »

I'll try and stick it on to a stick and transfer it that way...

Thanks for the advice!!! :D
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

Thanks for the advice!!!
You're quite welcome ;>}
I'll try and stick it on to a stick and transfer it that way...
Let us know how that works out for you (You may discover that it actually requires a conventional USB DRIVE, rather than a thumb drive)