Code 49 on Wedding BD

Everything related to MakeMKV
MacGyver

Code 49 on Wedding BD

Post by MacGyver »

Hi there,

New to MakeMKV -- really nice app, if I could get it to complete successfully. :) I've got a BD ISO file that was created by a wedding videographer. I'm trying to create an MKV out of it, complete with chapters. Seems pretty straightforward, except that I keep getting a Code 49 error. Any hints or suggestions would be appreciated. Obviously the disc has no AACS -- it's just a straightforward BD, encoded with MPEG of all things instead of VC-1.

Here's the relevant log:

Code: Select all

MakeMKV v1.5.2 beta win(x64-release) started
Debug logging enabled, log will be saved as C:\Users\X/MakeMKV_log.txt
Using direct disc access mode
AACS directory not present, assuming unencrypted disc
Evaluation version, 30 day(s) out of 30 remaining
File 00004.mpls was added as title #0
Title #00000.m2ts has length of 30 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00001.m2ts has length of 30 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00002.m2ts has length of 30 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00003.m2ts has length of 30 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00005.m2ts has length of 42 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Operation sucessfully completed
Saving 1 titles into directory C:/Users/X/Desktop/BD
DEBUG: Code 49 at Vz"?oU5F]GjUOPi:;v&:29397426
DEBUG: Code 0 at motl]k\K%Dv=t]!VB'cbp:121264993
LIBMKV_TRACE: Exception: Error while reading input
Failed to save title 0 to file C:/Users/HJD/Desktop/BD/title00.mkv
0 titles saved, 1 failed
I'm also attaching my MakeMKV.log file for reference.

Any help would be appreciated.
setarip_old

Re: Code 49 on Wedding BD

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!

1) Are you able to play the .ISO image file - mounted, unmounted, or extracted?

2) What software and procedures were used to create the .ISO image file?

3) Why don't you ask the videographer to give you a simple BluRay "package" ("BDMV" folder, etc.) instead?
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

The error indicates video encoding format non-conforming to Blu-ray spec. The log has all info needed, but I can't promise you a workaround. Your best bet would be usiing MKVToolnix & friends for this disc.
MacGyver

Post by MacGyver »

mike admin wrote:The error indicates video encoding format non-conforming to Blu-ray spec. The log has all info needed, but I can't promise you a workaround. Your best bet would be usiing MKVToolnix & friends for this disc.
Thanks for the advice. I'm a bit confused, since this ISO plays fine on a standard Blu-ray player. Can you elaborate on what is non-conforming about the video encoding format? Now, on to trying to figure out how to use MKVToolnix to extract the streams....