MKV Chapters

Everything related to MakeMKV
Kingpin

MKV Chapters

Post by Kingpin »

When i convert a dvd to MKV file it plays well on my pc with VLC including forward and backwards Chapters.
But when i stream the mkv file to my Dune Prime i can't use the chapters, what went wrong ?
mike admin

Re: MKV Chapters

Post by mike admin »

Because MakeMKV streams original decrypted format, VOB for DVD and M2TS for Blu-ray. Neither contains chapter information. The new streaming option will be added to program in a near feature that will selve your problem.

Out of curiosity, do you use UPnP streaming? Other than this chapters issue, does it work reliably with your device?
Kingpin

Post by Kingpin »

mike admin wrote:Because MakeMKV streams original decrypted format, VOB for DVD and M2TS for Blu-ray. Neither contains chapter information. The new streaming option will be added to program in a near feature that will selve your problem.
Great!
Out of curiosity, do you use UPnP streaming? Other than this chapters issue, does it work reliably with your device?
I only stream with NFS/SMB, i setup a different account with only read rights in my NAS and i disabled uPnP because when enabled uPnP it doesn't show my *,iso files and also chapters don't work (it skipped to the next file in the dir instead of jumping to the next chapter in the movie).
Under NFS/SMB everything works flawless even at 20+Mb/s streaming (higher bitrates i have to test it at the moment i don't own a movie with higher bitrates).
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Do you steam from MKV, as selecting "stream" from menuu; or you create MKV files and then play them over network? If latter, you should see chapters.
Kingpin

Post by Kingpin »

mike admin wrote:Do you steam from MKV, as selecting "stream" from menuu; or you create MKV files and then play them over network? If latter, you should see chapters.
I play mkv files from my NAS to my Dune.