No, that dump file only contains the calibartion data for the drive, not the fulll firmware.StarForce wrote: Sat Oct 11, 2025 6:38 amIt's connected via SATA directly to the motherboard. The problem is that right now it doesn't recognize any discs. It tries to read them and finally says "No disc inserted." I'm completely lost. It won't even play the UHD disc of "The Boy and the Heron" or the regular Blu-rays I ripped a few hours ago. It's crazy. Can I reinstall the firmware I had before? I made a dump with the "READ Firmware" option. Can I load it with the "RECOVER Drive" option?MartyMcNuts wrote: Sat Oct 11, 2025 6:10 amThey are pretty poor quality drives. These ASUS models are essentially just rebadged LG WH16NS40's with ASUS firmware on them.
Anyhoo, since the drive is having trouble reading the disc, the first thing to do is clean the disc. Most UHD discs need to be cleaned before they can be read as they usually contain an invisible film on them from the manufacturing process.
How are the drives connected? If externally via USB, ensure all plugs are connected to ports direct on the motherboard (not case ports) and ensure your enclosure or adapter is getting enough constant AC power.
Right now my drive has "Region 1" as Region selected but I live in Spain, "Region 2". Maybe this has changed or all regions are unlocked and I get this new "Region 1" but it's not relevant. Changed to "Region 2" and nothing change. Drive can't recognize any disc. I've really had bad luck
When I choose "RECOVER Drive" it doesn't find any firmware inside "Firmware_Dumps" but I have a dump on it.
Those drives sometimes get confused and won't see any disc at all. Cut power to the drive for a couple of minutes so it can reset itself. Just turn off the PC for a few minutes and make yourself a cuppa. Come back, restart the PC and the drive should have reset itself.
No, the region isn't important as MakeMKV doesn't care about any region coding. You should not try to play a UHD disc as they are different to regular blu-ray discs and can only be played using unofficial players such as VLC when integrated with MakeMKV to decrypt on-the-fly.