You moved it to a directory it doesn't have access to write to. You can't do that.
Sent from my SM-S938U1 using Tapatalk
UHD FAQ
-
Scavenger
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 1:48 pm
Re: UHD FAQ
The detection works on Arrow Video's City on Fire UHD.SamuriHL wrote: Fri Jan 09, 2026 12:15 am * Added experimental feature to detect discs with an AACS directory that are not actually encrypted
That last one may or may not work. I have no way of testing it as I have no discs like that in my collection. But it'll give you a message during the Disc Info feature if it detects that situation. In which case you can do a disc folder backup in MakeMKV and then delete the AACS directory, then open the folder with MakeMKV and it should in theory work.
-
SamuriHL
- Posts: 2802
- Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:32 pm
Re: UHD FAQ
Sweet! Thanks for the report. I appreciate it.Scavenger wrote: Fri Jan 09, 2026 2:44 pmThe detection works on Arrow Video's City on Fire UHD.SamuriHL wrote: Fri Jan 09, 2026 12:15 am * Added experimental feature to detect discs with an AACS directory that are not actually encrypted
That last one may or may not work. I have no way of testing it as I have no discs like that in my collection. But it'll give you a message during the Disc Info feature if it detects that situation. In which case you can do a disc folder backup in MakeMKV and then delete the AACS directory, then open the folder with MakeMKV and it should in theory work.
-
SamuriHL
- Posts: 2802
- Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:32 pm
Re: UHD FAQ
I just released a new KeyDB Helper 1.0.2.1.
Nothing earth shattering it's just a few bug fixes and some formatting changes. When FindVUK encounters a new drive during validate, it can hang and it'll never recover. That's been fixed.
When keydb.cfg is locked by a running findvuk process, it'll now kill the running findvuk process to release the keydb.cfg file. This can happen periodically if findvuk doesn't exit gracefully. Sometimes when findvuk updates itself this can happen.
The formatting changes simply add a bit of color and alignment to make it easier to read the reports. The status will be green if it's complete, yellow if it's incomplete (which means MakeMKV can't use that keydb entry as it contains no VUK), and red for incomplete...That means post yourself a dump file so they can add it to the keydb for you.
Enjoy!
Nothing earth shattering it's just a few bug fixes and some formatting changes. When FindVUK encounters a new drive during validate, it can hang and it'll never recover. That's been fixed.
When keydb.cfg is locked by a running findvuk process, it'll now kill the running findvuk process to release the keydb.cfg file. This can happen periodically if findvuk doesn't exit gracefully. Sometimes when findvuk updates itself this can happen.
The formatting changes simply add a bit of color and alignment to make it easier to read the reports. The status will be green if it's complete, yellow if it's incomplete (which means MakeMKV can't use that keydb entry as it contains no VUK), and red for incomplete...That means post yourself a dump file so they can add it to the keydb for you.
Enjoy!
-
JonJonXD
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:08 am
Re: UHD FAQ
I am just here to say thank you for building this.
I had issues with backing up my copy of Pee-Wee's Big Adventure and this tool worked like a charm. I also validated it as well to pay it forward and help out.
I will be doing this with all of my new discs moving forward.
Thank you, again!
I had issues with backing up my copy of Pee-Wee's Big Adventure and this tool worked like a charm. I also validated it as well to pay it forward and help out.
I will be doing this with all of my new discs moving forward.
Thank you, again!
-
SamuriHL
- Posts: 2802
- Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:32 pm
Re: UHD FAQ
Awesome!
Sent from my SM-S938U1 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-S938U1 using Tapatalk
-
Sethster
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2025 6:28 pm
Re: UHD FAQ
Thank you SamuriHL for this too[*]l! Using a newly released disc, MakeMKV was unable to get the Volume Key. That is, until I looked through the forum, found KeyDB_Helper and put it to work on my Win11 PC.
One tip for newbies like me:
If KeyDB_Helper quits after running its initial download -
Open it again,
'cancel' download,
tap 'settings',
add a folder (e.g. MakeMKV) location,
then tap 'Synchronize'
That fixed my runtime issue and I now have the volume key to copy the newly released Ben Hur.
Thanks again
One tip for newbies like me:
If KeyDB_Helper quits after running its initial download -
Open it again,
'cancel' download,
tap 'settings',
add a folder (e.g. MakeMKV) location,
then tap 'Synchronize'
That fixed my runtime issue and I now have the volume key to copy the newly released Ben Hur.
Thanks again
-
boguslecina
- Posts: 49
- Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2024 12:21 am
Re: UHD FAQ
Hey. Does KeyDB Helper sync the entire file from scratch every time for you too? It used to only sync fragments of the file, but now it syncs the entire file at a very slow speed.
-
Coopervid
- Posts: 4762
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:32 pm
Re: UHD FAQ
Check this:boguslecina wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2026 11:59 am Hey. Does KeyDB Helper sync the entire file from scratch every time for you too? It used to only sync fragments of the file, but now it syncs the entire file at a very slow speed.
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=172472&page=53
-
SamuriHL
- Posts: 2802
- Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:32 pm
Re: UHD FAQ
FindVUK and their server problem, not a KeyDB Helper issue.boguslecina wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2026 11:59 am Hey. Does KeyDB Helper sync the entire file from scratch every time for you too? It used to only sync fragments of the file, but now it syncs the entire file at a very slow speed.
-
boguslecina
- Posts: 49
- Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2024 12:21 am
Re: UHD FAQ
Couldn't you add that when starting synchronization, before starting the synchronization itself, it strictly changes the timestamp format in the keydb_fvhash.ini file?SamuriHL wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2026 4:07 pmFindVUK and their server problem, not a KeyDB Helper issue.boguslecina wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2026 11:59 am Hey. Does KeyDB Helper sync the entire file from scratch every time for you too? It used to only sync fragments of the file, but now it syncs the entire file at a very slow speed.
I suspect that you will change it faster than they will fix it.
For now, I've worked around this by writing a script that I've attached to the existing my shortcut to the KeyDB Helper app, and it first changes the format and then launches your KeyDB Helper app.
-
SamuriHL
- Posts: 2802
- Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:32 pm
Re: UHD FAQ
I don't have time right now. It's really not my problem to fix as Nalor really needs to deal with it either on his server or in FindVUK.
-
SamuriHL
- Posts: 2802
- Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:32 pm
-
vonMalm
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:14 pm
Re: UHD FAQ
I have the KeyDB_Helper ver 1.0.2.1
Where do I download the newest version from? Link seems to be broken...
Where do I download the newest version from? Link seems to be broken...
-
Coopervid
- Posts: 4762
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:32 pm
Re: UHD FAQ
This is the newest version. And the issue with FindVUK has been solved by its author nalor.vonMalm wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2026 8:33 am I have the KeyDB_Helper ver 1.0.2.1
Where do I download the newest version from? Link seems to be broken...