SCSI error and slow SPTI access

Everything related to MakeMKV
naa3e5

SCSI error and slow SPTI access

Post by naa3e5 »

Let me begin with stating I love MakeMKV! but lately am having some issues with it that I have never had before, I am running 1.6.3 ...
Seems all drive interface related, system is fresh install of Win7 64bit, Intel P35 based, Once drives is running off the Intel chipset, two others on a Marvel 6GBP/s chipo. No ANYDVD HD running, no codecs installed, all current drivers.

First) I frequently have to restart windows to get MakeMKV to access the drives. I can get one run in making mkv's but when I take out those discs and put new ones in it juist gets stuck at scanning .. SPTI/CdRom0/
Second) I am frequently geting this error on start up for each drive I have depending on whats the first drive in the pull down list. I believe other are getting this as well .
"Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:READ OF SCRAMBLED SECTOR WITHOUT AUTHENTICATION' occurred while reading 'DVD+R-DL PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-216D 1.09' at offset '104857"
Thrid) WHile MakeMKV is running I am getting reboots that dont occur when anything else is running... makemkv is the only thing I can see that is causing it because thats the only time I get them. Could it be memory related because I was running multiple instances (4GB of stable RAM, no overcolocking) , No debug log since it was a unplanned reboot.

Any ideas?
setarip_old

Re: SCSI error and slow SPTI access

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!

The obvious question is, does the same thing happen if you DON'T run multiple instances concurrently?

mike admin

Post by mike admin »

MakeMKV does a lot of direct SCSI IO via SPTI so it's likely that it exposes some other problem in your setup.I can't think of anything specific though.
naa3e5

Post by naa3e5 »

I'll continue to troubleshoot and report back.
naa3e5

Post by naa3e5 »

It seems like the makemkvcon64 isn't unloading out of the memory stack. When i quit MKV it is still there when i view open tasks under Windows Task Manager. And when this happens MakeMKV doesnt scan discs anymore, either within the old window that was closed or a newly opened instance.
naa3e5

Post by naa3e5 »

So I just wanted to give an update..the SCSI error was due to the firmware I was using because I removed RPC 1 protection on the Pioneer 216D drive. And the slow SPTI access was being caused by crappy firmware on the Marvel SATA controller. I just updated the firmware of the SATA controller and havent seen any issues thus far...