Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
ragico

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by ragico »

@Yusesope

I am trying to use your command for chapters in gamma tool without success.
First command:

Code: Select all

python-3.7.6.amd64\python.exe src\app.py -mode 2 -mux -exp I:\Atomic\BDMV\STREAM\00234.m2ts
Second command:

src\Gpac\gpac.exe -i pipe://video:ext=hevc:audelim=true -o stdout:ext=ts:pes_pack=none | src\FFmpeg\ffmpeg_win_x64.exe -hide_banner -y -i - -i bluray: I:\Atomic -map 0:0 -map 1:2 -map 1:6 -map 1:11 -map_chapters 1 -c copy -bsf:v hevc_metadata=aud=insert -metadata title="Atomic_____________________________________" D:\Atomic.mkv
And I get this:
Of course my mistake, But "where?"
Attachments
test.jpg
test.jpg (75.09 KiB) Viewed 17687 times
kws53

Post by kws53 »

ragico wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:09 pm
@Yusesope

First command:

python-3.7.6.amd64\python.exe src\app.py -mode 2 -mux -exp I:\Atomic\BDMV\STREAM\00234.m2ts
Second command:

src\Gpac\gpac.exe -i pipe://video:ext=hevc:audelim=true -o stdout:ext=ts:pes_pack=none | src\FFmpeg\ffmpeg_win_x64.exe -hide_banner -y -i - -i bluray: I:\Atomic -map 0:0 -map 1:2 -map 1:6 -map 1:11 -map_chapters 1 -c copy -bsf:v hevc_metadata=aud=insert -metadata title="Atomic_____________________________________" D:\Atomic.mkv
And I get this:
I had the same problem, so I tried (using my files but extending your example):

python-3.7.6.amd64\python.exe src\app.py -mode 2 -mux -exp bluray:\I:\Atomic
While this revised 1st command executed as expected, the 2nd command exited with a "Pipe" input error. I believe that the 2nd command needs to be reworked for a different input file type.
yusesope

Post by yusesope »

ragico wrote:
kws53 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:48 pm
I just realized that the version of FFmpeg I have attached to my tool does not implement the bluray protocol.
To solve, download the full version of FFmpeg HERE, unpack the archive, rename ffmpeg.exe (inside the "bin" folder) to ffmpeg_win_x64.exe and overwrite, with the latter, the same file that you find in the src\FFmpeg folder (inside my tool folder).
Try again and let me know.

ragico wrote:
First command:

Second command:

There is just one small mistake: remove the space after "bluray:" in the second command line.

kws53 wrote:

While this revised 1st command executed as expected................
I never talked about changes to the first command line.
My tool is programmed to receive a file not a folder address. Besides, he doesn't know what "bluray" is.
And finally the address of the folder written in this way does not make sense in Windows (remove the first Backslash ... \I:\Atomic).
Follow the instructions and take a cue from @ragico's commands (except for the space after "bluray:" in the second command line)

DaMacFunkin wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:18 pm
If there are multiple main movie playlists, ie 0800, 0801, 0802 and you specifically know you want 0801, cut the other 2 out of the playlist folder, this way ffmpeg will choose 0801 as the only main movie playlist in the folder ;-)
There is a special switch in FFmpeg: -playlist :wink:
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

ragico wrote:
@Yusesope

First command:

Second command:

And I get this:
Hi, I’m getting the same error trying to create a -mode 2 from The Hunt For Red October which I’m also having problems with in makemkv
ragico

Post by ragico »

yusesope wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:30 pm

I just realized that the version of FFmpeg I have attached to my tool does not implement the bluray protocol.
To solve, download the full version of FFmpeg HERE, unpack the archive, rename ffmpeg.exe (inside the "bin" folder) to ffmpeg_win_x64.exe and overwrite, with the latter, the same file that you find in the src\FFmpeg folder (inside my tool folder).
Followed your suggestion. Now the program works but the file generated does not contain any chapter and also it does not start playing and stays at zero
kws53

Post by kws53 »

yusesope wrote:
kws53 wrote:

While this revised 1st command executed as expected................
I never talked about changes to the first command line.
My tool is programmed to receive a file not a folder address. Besides, he doesn't know what "bluray" is.
And finally the address of the folder written in this way does not make sense in Windows (remove the first Backslash ... \I:\Atomic).
Follow the instructions and take a cue from @ragico's commands (except for the space after "bluray:" in the second command line)
@Yusesope

FYI - bluray:\C:\ and bluray:C:\ are equivalent. I use the additional "\" for clarity.
My interest in exporting the folder address (which we use in Command 2), is to handle seamless branching. By mixing and matching an exported m2ts file with a folder, I can't see how we could handle multiple m2ts files.

And Command 1 worked using the -exp bluray command. While it may not have exported the appropriate data, I received :
"I'M WAITING FOR THE OTHER COMMAND LINE..."
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

ragico wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:19 pm
yusesope wrote:

Followed your suggestion. Now the program works but the file generated does not contain any chapter and also it does not start playing and stays at zero
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

DaMacFunkin wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:56 am
ragico wrote:
yusesope wrote:

Hi, I got the program to run, my output file didn’t transfer chapters either, I haven’t had time to try on a device yet (so busy at work).
whiplash1

Post by whiplash1 »

DaMacFunkin wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:58 am
DaMacFunkin wrote:
ragico wrote:

Hi, I got the program to run, my output file didn’t transfer chapters either, I haven’t had time to try on a device yet (so busy at work).
I muxed in chapters using MKVtoolNix, worked fine.
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

whiplash1 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:46 am
DaMacFunkin wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:58 am
DaMacFunkin wrote:
I muxed in chapters using MKVtoolNix, worked fine.
yep, done this previously, it’s just an extra step.
yusesope

Post by yusesope »

ragico wrote:
kws53 wrote:
DaMacFunkin wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:46 pm
whiplash1 wrote:
MkvToolNix is ​​certainly a valid solution but the use of other tools increases the mux times.
I have not tried the lines that I have suggested in the previous posts and it is probable that FFmpeg does not read chapter data correctly (using the bluray protocol).
I already have an idea in mind to solve the problem: over the weekend I will try to write a "chapter extractor" which, in a few moments, creates a file that FFmpeg is able to understand.
kws53

Post by kws53 »

yusesope wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:10 pm
ragico wrote:
kws53 wrote:
DaMacFunkin wrote:
whiplash1 wrote:
MkvToolNix is ​​certainly a valid solution but the use of other tools increases the mux times.
I have not tried the lines that I have suggested in the previous posts and it is probable that FFmpeg does not read chapter data correctly (using the bluray protocol).
I already have an idea in mind to solve the problem: over the weekend I will try to write a "chapter extractor" which, in a few moments, creates a file that FFmpeg is able to understand.
Excellent! Do you have any way of incorporating/using playlist reference files (.MPLS) instead of .M2TS reference? This will accommodate seamless branching UHD disks.
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

kws53 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:52 pm
yusesope wrote:
ragico wrote:
kws53 wrote:
DaMacFunkin wrote:
whiplash1 wrote:
Excellent! Do you have any way of incorporating/using playlist reference files (.MPLS) instead of .M2TS reference? This will accommodate seamless branching UHD disks.
Using the blu-ray protocol rips via mpls.
PlatypusW

Post by PlatypusW »

yusesope wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:59 pm

[*]In the case of a Single Track Dual Layer DV file (e.g. mkv, ts, mp4 file previously modified using MakeMKV and/or TsMuxeR and/or my tool)
  • Extract the BL_EL_RPU.hevc file

ffmpeg -i path\to\the\file.mp4 -ss 0 -t 120 -map 0:0 -c copy path\to\BL_EL_RPU.hevc
  • Using my tool, double click on the DEMUX_AND_CONVERT_TO_MEL.bat file and follow the instructions on the screen.
    You will get a BL.hevc file and a EL_RPU.hevc file
  • Using my tool, double click on the MUX.bat file (and NOT MUX_AND_CONVERT_TO_MEL.bat) and follow the instructions on the screen.
    You will get a BL_EL_RPU.hevc file
  • Create a TS file using the BL_EL_RPU.hevc file and TsMuxeR

EXTRA (MP4):
    In case TsMuxeR does not return a working file, create an mp4 file

mp4muxer -i path\to\BL_EL_RPU.hevc --dv-profile 7 -o path\to\TEST_FILE.mp4
    EXTRA (MKV):
    Right after using DEMUX_AND_CONVERT_TO_MEL.bat, import the two BL.hevc (as first) and EL_RPU.hevc (as second) into TsMuxeR and create an ISO file.
    Open the ISO with MakeMKV

Happy testing!
I managed to get this to work for one movie (I'm pretty sure), but I seem to have hit a problem with everything now :?

I'm taking an mkv created with MakeMKV, using the FFMpeg command to get the hevc file.

I'm then using the 'DEMUX_AND_CONVERT_TO_MEL.bat' bat, which is just straight 'python-3.7.6.amd64\python.exe src\app.py -demux -fel_to_mel'. That runs fine, and I get the expected BL & EL_RPU hevc files. I am then wanting the end result to be an MKV, so I'm jumping to importing these into TsMuxR. Again this runs fine, no issues. I then load the iso in Makemkv and it recognises the file. This is where my problem begins. Once I start makemkv off I eventually get this:
AV synchronization issues were found in file 'V:/MEL/title_t00.mkv' (title #1)
AV sync issue in stream 0 at 0:47:47.573 : video frame timecode differs by -0.1ms
AV sync issue in stream 0 at 0:47:47.573 : secondary stream video frame timecode differs by -83.511ms
AV sync issue in stream 0 at 0:47:47.739 : secondary stream video frame timecode differs by -0.1ms
AV sync issue in stream 0 at 0:47:51.243 : too many video frames with invalid timecodes, future messages will be suppressed
The interesting thing to me, this happens with the last 3-4 movies I have tried. It is ALWAYS at 47:47:573. That can't be a coincidence right? The first time it happened I thought it would be fine, but as soon as you get to that timestamp something odd happens. Like the brightness starts flashing - I guess because the two video streams are out of sync based on what MakeMKV is reporting. I think I might need to move onto GAMMA :P
kws53

Post by kws53 »

DaMacFunkin wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:57 pm
kws53 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:52 pm
yusesope wrote:

Using the blu-ray protocol rips via mpls.
I believe it uses the last (or biggest or something). Not necessarily the right MPLS. I would like to specify...