Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
iamTa

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by iamTa »

ragico wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:56 pm
The last Plex beta added support fo DV mkv.
Here: https://forums.plex.tv/t/release-announ ... 154124/362
And it works a treat on the Shield 2019 :D
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Yes, it triggers DV. A LOT of testing needs to happen cause from what I can see in my limited 2 minute testing so far it looks like a mess. The colors seems way off to me. I could be wrong and will do some bigger comparisons this weekend when I get a chance but I see red. Lots of red.
iamTa

Post by iamTa »

SamuriHL wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:10 am
Yes, it triggers DV. A LOT of testing needs to happen cause from what I can see in my limited 2 minute testing so far it looks like a mess. The colors seems way off to me. I could be wrong and will do some bigger comparisons this weekend when I get a chance but I see red. Lots of red.
I've tested quite a few of my P7 FEL/MEL STDL remuxes and they all play perfectly.
ray_007

Post by ray_007 »

Can someone please link me the 'modified Exoplayer' that works on Firestick4k for MP4 DV playback? All links on this thread are dead.
Thanks
ragico

Post by ragico »

ray_007 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:44 am
Can someone please link me the 'modified Exoplayer' that works on Firestick4k for MP4 DV playback? All links on this thread are dead.
Thanks
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... apters#top

Look for yusesope post
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

iamTa wrote:
SamuriHL wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:10 am
I've tested quite a few of my P7 FEL/MEL STDL remuxes and they all play perfectly.
I'll be doing direct comparison with the uhd on my ub820 but the quick testing I did last night looks off. They play fine but the colors don't look right. Maybe the shield needs a reboot. Wouldn't be the first time.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

PlatypusW

Post by PlatypusW »

SamuriHL wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:46 am
I'll be doing direct comparison with the uhd on my ub820 but the quick testing I did last night looks off. They play fine but the colors don't look right. Maybe the shield needs a reboot. Wouldn't be the first time.

Can’t believe plex would have correct colours but the custom exoplayer wouldn’t? I guess it’s not impossible but highly unlikely right?
ray_007

Post by ray_007 »

ragico wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:23 am
ray_007 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:44 am
Thanks
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... apters#top

Look for yusesope post
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

PlatypusW wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:46 pm
SamuriHL wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:46 am

Can’t believe plex would have correct colours but the custom exoplayer wouldn’t? I guess it’s not impossible but highly unlikely right?
Read back through the posts here. Not all problems have been fixed in general.
ray_007

Post by ray_007 »

Hey all, I am thinking of getting a Firestick4k just so I can play my DV Rips since my TV media player is bit finicky when it comes to playing them. I just have a few concerns/questions before I pull the trigger:

Will Kodi+Exoplayer be enough to run DV rips on it and does it support refresh rate matching? I really dont like using Plex cause I have never got it to work.
Are there any specific profiles that it supports like Atv Profile 5?
Is it able to run FEL DV or just MEL?

Is there an option to stream files over the network? since i dont like the idea to load files on external every time i want to watch something.
Are there currently any color space issue (like shield) or any audio sync problems?

Thanks in advance :)
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

DaMacFunkin wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:41 am

Hi, I know it isn’t entirely possible to be technically correct with external screen shots but I would say the x700 is cooler, is that what you are seeing?
yep, there is the red blocs artifacts issue and the colors are sligthly off compared to the x700.
https://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/6903

I think all the files produced by @yusesope tool are correct. the problem is the Shield.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:32 pm

I think all the files produced by @yusesope tool are correct. the problem is the Shield.
Exactly!
ray_007

Post by ray_007 »

Guys, since MP4 files dont play nice with Subs, is it possible to add downloaded subtitles on modified version of Kodi Exoplayer on Firestick4k? Please reply thanks
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

Here are 5 more comparisons between the Shield and the Sony x700. The file tested is a profile 04.06 single track BL+EL+RPU.
But this time, instead of using my camera, a friend of mine(thank's manix) provided me two samples tone mapped to SDR from Dolby Vision made using a capture card (pro-res HQ) and the vertex 2 which allow the DV tone mapping.

This method shows the difference more accurately than camera pictures because exactly the same tone mapping is applied to both players and no clipping nor off looking colors usually introduced by the camera. it allows me to compare a lot more frames quickly too.

here are the 5 comparisons...

downscaled to 1080p:
https://screenshotcomparison.com/compar ... /picture:0

full resolution:
https://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/6905

I also asked him for the same comparison but with a FEL movie and also a sample from the firestick TV

Code: Select all

Video
ID                                       : 2
Format                                   : ProRes
Codec ID                                 : V_PRORES
Duration                                 : 3 min 0 s
Bit rate                                 : 645 Mb/s
Width                                    : 3 840 pixels
Height                                   : 2 160 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
Frame rate mode                          : Constant
Frame rate                               : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 3.243
Stream size                              : 13.5 GiB (99%)
Default                                  : Yes
Forced                                   : No
Last edited by RESET_9999 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
lexyz

Post by lexyz »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:57 am
Here are 5 more comparisons between the Shield and the Sony x700. The file tested is a profile 8 single track BL+EL+RPU.
Nice. :D Can you make Mission Impossible shots with same method? :roll:
I've linked samples recently.
Bravia XF90, Shield TV Pro'19, UBP-X700