Dolby Vision and 1.15.1

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Epedemic

Re: Dolby Vision and 1.15.1

Post by Epedemic »

TickTock wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:45 am
I'm tempted to order a Nvidia Shield which would arrive on Tuesday but I'm worried about the colour issue. I would only be ordering it for Dolby Vision films and if the colour issue isn't fixed, the device would be useless to me.

Are there any other Dolby Vision devices on the horizon?
Color issue will be fixed "soon". There was a beta out for it, which ended up being pulled for some issue, but they ARE working on it.
Peter Quill

Post by Peter Quill »

Would anyone know if the latest version of ffmpeg Beta / Nightly keeps track BlockAdditional data, for remux mkv?
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

DaMacFunkin wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:42 pm
Good work so far, using the latest exo player apk uploaded here, tried 1917 and Saving private Ryan, I am getting occasional glitches though on the Shield, this can be like a few frame overlaps, or a full on pause.

Can’t say what version of shield experience I am running, but it isn’t supposed to suffer this problem with Atmos tracks anymore ( same file plays fine using Kodi default player in HDR).

Anybody else had any problems?
Just going to stick with M2TS on the Oppo Clone, the colours are (almost) spot on and the playback is silky smooth, it looks like the Colourspace issue on the shield will never be fixed or fixable for all profiles.
kweenie

Post by kweenie »

DaMacFunkin wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:24 am
DaMacFunkin wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:42 pm
Good work so far, using the latest exo player apk uploaded here, tried 1917 and Saving private Ryan, I am getting occasional glitches though on the Shield, this can be like a few frame overlaps, or a full on pause.

Can’t say what version of shield experience I am running, but it isn’t supposed to suffer this problem with Atmos tracks anymore ( same file plays fine using Kodi default player in HDR).

Anybody else had any problems?
Just going to stick with M2TS on the Oppo Clone, the colours are (almost) spot on and the playback is silky smooth, it looks like the Colourspace issue on the shield will never be fixed or fixable for all profiles.
Curious, do you also get purple faces and hues when advancing (fast forward or Go to) when using m2ts files on the oppo clone? Need to reboot the clone when that happens. Using the 04.06 fix ts muxer.
Strange Design

Post by Strange Design »

What is the outlook for playback of "single-layer profile 5" MKV files on the AppleTV 4K? If Plex/Infuse/MrMC are eventually able to provide playback support for such files, is there a process to create a compatible file (such as using yusescope's tool in mode 2 to create a single-layer HEVC file and then using MakeMKV to package the resulting file into an MKV) or is there another issue that makes this impossible for the foreseeable future?
yusesope

Post by yusesope »

Hi testers!
Today it was really too hot...that's why I spent a few hours coding with the aim of implementing chapters support (for mkv files only).
The code is very "basic" (to say the least :lol:) and I hope it works properly!
Furthermore, if you open the app directly, you can play the test files that mike has made available.

HERE you can find the new apk.

Let me know!
Last edited by yusesope on Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dinst

Post by Dinst »

yusesope wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:44 pm
Today it was really too hot...that's why I spent a few hours coding with the aim of implementing chapters support (for mkv files only).
Top work as always! Chapters are working fine for me!
Donpoku

Post by Donpoku »

yusesope wrote:
Hi testers!
Furthermore, if you open the app directly, you can play the test files that mike has made available.

Let me know!
Genius as always, working perfectly. Thx!
mazzetta86

Post by mazzetta86 »

Hi there,

Mkvtoonix has been updated to support DV when muxing with version 49. We now need official Plex support :D

Kind Regards
ragico

Post by ragico »

yusesope wrote:
Hi testers!

Let me know!
Working perfectly- Thanks again master
kweenie

Post by kweenie »

Once exoplayer is updated with the new code for DV and other enhancements will this mean that all apps using exoplayer on the Shield will benefit?

I am using emby as example or do all apps have to do something as well from their side?

That whole side loading at the moment is simply in case you want it now or test it, right?
cipher

Post by cipher »

mazzetta86 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:51 pm
Hi there,

Mkvtoonix has been updated to support DV when muxing with version 49. We now need official Plex support :D

Kind Regards
Great news! Looking forward to testing this and seeing it how it works with MakeMKV remuxes and vice-versa.

We are so close. While Yuescope is doing and incredible job given us impatient nutters DV playback on our players today, once Plex officially adds support this capability can be accessed by the community.
TickTock

Post by TickTock »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:23 pm
TickTock wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:45 am
I'm tempted to order a Nvidia Shield which would arrive on Tuesday but I'm worried about the colour issue. I would only be ordering it for Dolby Vision films and if the colour issue isn't fixed, the device would be useless to me.

Are there any other Dolby Vision devices on the horizon?
Hi,
Sony x700 is what I use to play dual layer DV + Atmos TS rip, works well and no color issues.
Hi,

I nearly purchased a Sony x700 a couple of months ago for a good price but I read that some users have had problems with high bitrate films. If only it had a USB 3 port or gigabit network capability.
Color issue will be fixed "soon". There was a beta out for it, which ended up being pulled for some issue, but they ARE working on it.
I read your earlier post in this thread hinting about the fix but I wasn't sure how long it would take to implement.
I've just read the Nvidia staff member post stating the problem hasn't been fixed by removing the BT2020 flag :(, this has made me less confident about ordering it. On the flip side I've read some tongue in cheek comments about Nvidia possibly changing something in their firmware depending on what Dolby's response is, which makes me think I should buy it...

edit: I bought it and it's being delivered today. Worst case scenario I will sell it in a few months if no fix is released.
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

TickTock wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:55 am

I nearly purchased a Sony x700 a couple of months ago for a good price but I read that some users have had problems with high bitrate films. If only it had a USB 3 port or gigabit network capability.

no problems at all when played via the USB port. Even the 60fps 4k DV FEL Atmos Gemini Man works.
baker99

Post by baker99 »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:50 am
TickTock wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:55 am

no problems at all when played via the USB port. Even the 60fps 4k DV FEL Atmos Gemini Man works.
Yes usb is perfect, just frustrating the ethernet port sucks