I didn't change any of my LG C8 Dolby vision settings and there was no brightness or black level difference at all. But I only tested with true profile 5 DV which is encoded in color range ''FULL'".SamuriHL wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:41 pm
Most people will likely understand this inherently but it should be noted for those that may wonder why the picture "looks dark" with this fix, if you're on an LG display while this fix is enabled, you will want to change the Black setting to HIGH in the picture mode. Because black is getting expanded to full (obviously, I know). I'm using this fix right now with Top Gun. Man, this is bliss.![]()
I have to try with a uhd-bd remux which is encoded in a "limited" color range but my x700 also send those uhd-bd DV in RGB FULL, so I don't expect any difference(at least not with MEL movies).
Disney+ file I tested:
Code: Select all
Video
ID : 4117 (0x1015)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : HEVC
Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile : Main 10@L5@High
HDR format : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.05.06, BL+RPU
Codec ID : 36
Duration : 2 h 4 min
Bit rate : 20.9 Mb/s
Width : 3 840 pixels
Height : 2 160 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 10 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.105
Stream size : 18.2 GiB (85%)
Color range : Full