Getting error from Malwarebytes 'website blocked due to phishing' when opening MakeMKV

Everything related to MakeMKV
mrlamest
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:56 pm

Getting error from Malwarebytes 'website blocked due to phishing' when opening MakeMKV

Post by mrlamest »

This problem started a little while ago (1 month?). I have been using both pieces of software on the same PC for a long time now.

I am running the latest version as of today, 1.15.1 on Windows 10 Release 1909 Enterprise Edition 64-bit. I am running Malwarebytes Premium version 4.1.0.

MakeMKV works fine otherwise.

Does anybody have an ideas?

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
d00zah
Posts: 1717
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:23 pm

Re: Getting error from Malwarebytes 'website blocked due to phishing' when opening MakeMKV

Post by d00zah »

I added an exclusion for 'hkdata.fairuse.org' ages ago. MBAM is flagging the entire 'fairuse.org' domain, over which MakeMKV has no control. Somewhere in this forum, there s a lengthy discussion (or 2) to that effect.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20851#p81568
mrlamest
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: Getting error from Malwarebytes 'website blocked due to phishing' when opening MakeMKV

Post by mrlamest »

OK, thanks for the info.