Re: Dolby Vision and 1.15.1

Post by carrpet »

thetoad wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:04 pm
carrpet wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:07 pm
olevelo wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:43 am

If you're using a Shield and Plex why are you making this so complicated? Makemkv, eac3to, tsmuxer, done.
Will the Oppo UDP-203 handle DV and Atmos?
In MKV? doubtful. as its doutful it will ever get a firmware update.
What about as a straight bluray rip using MakeMKV 1.15.1 ?
thetoad

Post by thetoad »

that works today. its basically the primary reason to get it or the clone.
Redhawk2000

Post by Redhawk2000 »

Somewhat OT but curious if anyone has any insight (or guesses) as to whether it will be possible with future DV mkvs if transcoding of such files could be performed while maintaining the DV layer. Say share a 1080p version remotely over Plex but with DV HDR or with Handbrake.
Non97

Post by Non97 »

Hi I am new in this forum, thanks for you all for the work you are doing..... I successfully made a DV rip that gives a DV signal on my lg tv through usb, but on some rips the screen displays only a green colour. Does anyone have a way to fix this issue
oldirtydog

Post by oldirtydog »

Hi,please tell me where i wrong..... I donwload a full digital copy (m2ts files)...with ts muxer i separate the main file with 2 files -first 4k and the second 1080p with DV .with eac3togui i ceparate the atmos truehd audio and when with ts muxer i create one file TS ,but my TV LG C9 show only HDR and of course no audio because atmos truehd is only hdmi device on my TV.how to create the perfect file with Vision and Atmos because i thinking to get sony x700 or panasonic ub450 to play the movies with DV and Atmos.
https://dox.abv.bg/download?id=710ac3a602
NiCE77

Post by NiCE77 »

Epedemic wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:46 pm
NiCE77 wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:02 am
Angryunibrow wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:23 pm

Kodi does not play DV right now, need to use Plex on the shield.
Works with Kodi 19 alpha.
Not here? (0606 kodi 19 alpha, makemkv->tsmuxer files, which work in plex)

Fully expected though, as i don't expect anything new to work until the mkv work is done and standardized
With .mp4 files.
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/fo ... /2748831/

Can potentially be of some interest regarding the Shield's capabilities if more clarification is given by the dev. Also there is an update on the red push issue further up the comment chain (https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/fo ... n/2748217/).
mathias19

Post by mathias19 »

Hi, first time posting on this forum. Thank you all for sharing there is some great info on here!

I've followed the different threads to get myself up and running copying my UHD Blu-ray collection. I've researched correct drives to buy to correct firmware to load and how to get Dolby Vision to play. However, I finally come unstuck.

I have followed all the guidance from this thread and have managed the following:
    Successfully ripped a Dolby Vision UHD Blu-ray using latest version of MakeMKV (1.15.1)
      Used eac3to to extract audio to 'thd+ac3'
        Used tsMuxer to convert the above video and audio file to a TS file (using recommended version tsMuxer (04.06 fix))

Mediainfo shows the following:

Format : MPEG-TS

ID : 4117 (0x1015)
        Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
        Format : HEVC
        Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
        Format profile : Main 10@L5.1@High
        HDR format : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.04.06, BL+EL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible
        Codec ID : 36
        Duration : 2 h 10 min
        Bit rate : 73.8 Mb/s
        Width : 3 840 pixels
        Height : 2 160 pixels
        Display aspect ratio : 16:9
        Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
        Color space : YUV
        Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 (Type 2)
        Bit depth : 10 bits
        Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.371
        Stream size : 67.4 GiB (94%)
        Language : English
        Color range : Limited
        Color primaries : BT.2020
        Transfer characteristics : PQ
        Matrix coefficients : BT.2020 non-constant
        Mastering display color primaries : Display P3
        Mastering display luminance : min: 0.0010 cd/m2, max: 1000 cd/m2
        Maximum Content Light Level : 1000 cd/m2
        Maximum Frame-Average Light Level : 358 cd/m2

So from what I've read I think the file is correct?

Here is the problem...I try to play using Plex app on my LG B9 TV and it only plays in HDR. However, I have another file that details the same 'HDR Format' in 'mediainfo' and it successfully plays Dolby Vision using Plex (it is displayed in the top right corner of TV). Please see below mediainfo for the file that works:

Format : MPEG-TS

ID : 33 (0x21)
        Menu ID : 2 (0x2)
        Format : HEVC
        Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
        Format profile : Main 10@L5@Main
        HDR format : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.04.06, BL+EL+RPU
        Codec ID : 36
        Duration : 1 min 14 s
        Bit rate : 30.3 Mb/s
        Width : 3 840 pixels
        Height : 2 160 pixels
        Display aspect ratio : 16:9
        Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
        Color space : YUV
        Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
        Bit depth : 10 bits
        Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.152
        Stream size : 269 MiB (92%)

As you can see, they are almost identical apart from:
          Good DV vid 'Format profile: Main 10@L5@Main'
            Non DV vid 'Format profile: Main 10@L5.1@High'
              Also 'Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible' is added to the non DV vid 'HDR Format'

I've searched everywhere on forums etc and tried half a dozen software’s to find a way to convert the Format profile level from 5.1 to 5 but I cannot seem to do it.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
              SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

shawnc22 wrote:
              Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:37 pm

Can potentially be of some interest regarding the Shield's capabilities if more clarification is given by the dev. Also there is an update on the red push issue further up the comment chain (https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/fo ... n/2748217/).
              Oh great.....now they'll probably just exit the DV pipeline and fall back to HDR. Good job! :P :D
              shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

SamuriHL wrote:
              Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:05 pm
              shawnc22 wrote:

Oh great.....now they'll probably just exit the DV pipeline and fall back to HDR. Good job! :P :D
              :lol: fingers crossed for unintended FEL support. I've always been interested if somebody can do some picture comparisons between the shield and a uhd player for FEL titles, but I guess it's a bit tough with the existing red push issue. Maybe an HD Fury can be used to spoof both devices into sending LLDV signals instead of RGB to get around the red push temporarily?
              djbuddha

Post by djbuddha »

shawnc22 wrote:
              Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:50 pm
              SamuriHL wrote:
              Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:05 pm
              shawnc22 wrote:

:lol: fingers crossed for unintended FEL support. I've always been interested if somebody can do some picture comparisons between the shield and a uhd player for FEL titles, but I guess it's a bit tough with the existing red push issue. Maybe an HD Fury can be used to spoof both devices into sending LLDV signals instead of RGB to get around the red push temporarily?
              I installed my HDFury Vertex 2 last week, waiting for my shield pro to arrive (maybe early next week) so I’d be happy to test.
              SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

shawnc22 wrote:

I've not seen a way to do that with my Integral 2. They really need to fix that issue anyway. I have a theory on what's going wrong there and a potential work around but I'd need someone who knows exactly how to reproduce the red push issue to know if it works for sure. I theorize it has to do with the color space switching option. I turned that off and have the shield set to rec.709 by default. And I THINK that may solve the issue. At least I've not noticed any issues but I also haven't had time to play with it much lately. All my HDR and DV content seem to be sending BT.2020 just fine and my rec.709 content is showing rec.709. All verified through the Integral 2. If someone who has content that absolutely definitively shows the red push issue wants to try that and see if it solves it or not that'd be good.
              shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

SamuriHL wrote:
              Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:35 pm
              shawnc22 wrote:

I've not seen a way to do that with my Integral 2. They really need to fix that issue anyway. I have a theory on what's going wrong there and a potential work around but I'd need someone who knows exactly how to reproduce the red push issue to know if it works for sure. I theorize it has to do with the color space switching option. I turned that off and have the shield set to rec.709 by default. And I THINK that may solve the issue. At least I've not noticed any issues but I also haven't had time to play with it much lately. All my HDR and DV content seem to be sending BT.2020 just fine and my rec.709 content is showing rec.709. All verified through the Integral 2. If someone who has content that absolutely definitively shows the red push issue wants to try that and see if it solves it or not that'd be good.
              https://mega.nz/file/YSxhkSLK#fkfy54tYV ... xIOBZLyGR4

That sample scene in Doctor Sleep has been my go-to for showing off the red push. I've been comparing playback on my LG internal player vs the shield, and you can definitely see more red on the little girl's face (also referenced here: viewtopic.php?p=89083#p89083). Setting the display mode on the shield to rec.709 and disabling match color space didn't seem to do anything, and my TV was still showing an 8bit RGB signal w/BT.2020.

For forcing LLDV on the integral 2, I think the OP on this thread may be of some help?

https://www.avforums.com/threads/dolby- ... s.2254350/
              Tormented

Post by Tormented »

Hi everyone,

I've been reading this topic from the first page. After two weeks of waiting the Shield Pro 2019 was finally stocked again and I immediatly purchased it.

I muxed Birds of Prey in TS file and it has Dolby Vision. The biggest problem now is that I can't activate Dolby Vision on the Shield. It says that my HDMI is probably not fast enough.

I have an LG OLED C8 and currently use a HDMI cable with the these specs:
              4K @ 60 Hz with HDR or 4:4:4 with ARC and CEC.
              Full 18 Gbps from HDMI 2.0b.

Since my LG OLED C8 only has HDMI 2.0b I don't know what to do. Will an 2.1 help me with my problem? I've seen the Belkin Ultra High Speed HDMI Cable that supports Dolby Vision. If I buy this cable, will my problem be solved?

Thanks in advance!
              SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

shawnc22 wrote:
              Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:00 pm

https://mega.nz/file/YSxhkSLK#fkfy54tYV ... xIOBZLyGR4

That sample scene in Doctor Sleep has been my go-to for showing off the red push. I've been comparing playback on my LG internal player vs the shield, and you can definitely see more red on the little girl's face (also referenced here: viewtopic.php?p=89083#p89083). Setting the display mode on the shield to rec.709 and disabling match color space didn't seem to do anything, and my TV was still showing an 8bit RGB signal w/BT.2020.

For forcing LLDV on the integral 2, I think the OP on this thread may be of some help?

https://www.avforums.com/threads/dolby- ... s.2254350/
              I'll take a look at the scene. I don't have a lot of time this week to mess with things too much but I'll at least see if I can see the red push.

As for the Integral 2, maybe. Hopefully someone else has more time than I do right now to look at it.