Alternatives to MakeMKV
-
Cubs12
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:52 pm
Alternatives to MakeMKV
Anyone know of any good functional and reliable alternatives to MakeMKV?
-
Woodstock
- Posts: 10980
- Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:21 pm
Re: Alternatives to MakeMKV
In the same price range, or are you willing to spend more?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ about BETA and PERMANENT keys.
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
FAQ about BETA and PERMANENT keys.
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
-
Cubs12
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:52 pm
Re: Alternatives to MakeMKV
I would be interested in hearing about all options/price ranges.
-
Woodstock
- Posts: 10980
- Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:21 pm
Re: Alternatives to MakeMKV
A google search for "best dvd bluray ripping software" comes up with pages that list things that are NOT DVD or BD rippers (like handbrake), and a lot of things that haven't been updated in 3-10 years.
Like this link: https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/9-tools-e ... -computer/ . For some reason, DVDFab doesn't even make that list, although some users here swear by it. And only the #1 package listed does both DVD and BD.
Like this link: https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/9-tools-e ... -computer/ . For some reason, DVDFab doesn't even make that list, although some users here swear by it. And only the #1 package listed does both DVD and BD.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ about BETA and PERMANENT keys.
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
FAQ about BETA and PERMANENT keys.
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
-
jyvoman
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:29 pm
Re: Alternatives to MakeMKV
tsMuxer and mkvtoolnix will do remuxing without transcoding like makemkv does, both are open source and free.Cubs12 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:13 pm Anyone know of any good functional and reliable alternatives to MakeMKV?
handbrake is another option it will transcode thus compression the video and losing quality.
-
Ezatoka
- Posts: 482
- Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:55 pm
Re: Alternatives to MakeMKV
I don't know tsMuxer, but I suppose that, and I know for sure on MKVToolNix, don't decrypt BluRaysjyvoman wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:00 pm tsMuxer and mkvtoolnix will do remuxing without transcoding like makemkv does, both are open source and free.
handbrake is another option it will transcode thus compression the video and losing quality.
-
jyvoman
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:29 pm
Re: Alternatives to MakeMKV
to decrypt discs you could use anydvd.Ezatoka wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:04 pmI don't know tsMuxer, but I suppose that, and I know for sure on MKVToolNix, don't decrypt BluRaysjyvoman wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:00 pm tsMuxer and mkvtoolnix will do remuxing without transcoding like makemkv does, both are open source and free.
handbrake is another option it will transcode thus compression the video and losing quality.
-
preserve
- Posts: 746
- Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:21 pm
- Location: Canada
Re: Alternatives to MakeMKV
Sorry, I don't. I stopped looking for alternatives once I found MakeMKV, because MakeMKV is functional and reliable and has every feature I could want.Cubs12 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:13 pm Anyone know of any good functional and reliable alternatives to MakeMKV?
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00