Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
chrisandy

Re: Dolby Vision and 1.15.1

Post by chrisandy »

shawnc22 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:20 am
chrisandy wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:52 am
Amazing. Many thanks. Hopefully last dumb question but how do I extract the BL and EL tracks?
eac3to, ffmpeg, or tsmuxer will help you extract out the video tracks.
Thank you - I was able to extract the video tracks by demuxing on TSmuxer. However, neither .hevc is carrying DV according to Mediainfo?
Last edited by chrisandy on Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

chrisandy wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:49 am
shawnc22 wrote:
chrisandy wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:52 am
Amazing. Many thanks. Hopefully last dumb question but how do I extract the BL and EL tracks?
Thank you - I was able to extract the video tracks.

I fed them into the yuescope GUI (which did not give me the option to do -2) but once combined in TSMuxer, it loses Dolby Vision. Just to confirm, is the EL the smaller sized hevc of the two?
If you're using the .bat file included with yusecope's tool, you have to edit it (open it in notepad or another text editor) and add -mode 2 to the end of the text line. You have also have to use the nightly version of tsmuxer, but the current latest nightly will give you a profile 8 video with a BL+RPU video track, which will not work on the ATV. You might want to do a little digging in the other thread for one that will give you profile 5.
chrisandy

Post by chrisandy »

shawnc22 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:16 am
chrisandy wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:49 am
shawnc22 wrote:

Thank you - I was able to extract the video tracks.

I fed them into the yuescope GUI (which did not give me the option to do -2) but once combined in TSMuxer, it loses Dolby Vision. Just to confirm, is the EL the smaller sized hevc of the two?
If you're using the .bat file included with yusecope's tool, you have to edit it (open it in notepad or another text editor) and add -mode 2 to the end of the text line. You have also have to use the nightly version of tsmuxer, but the current latest nightly will give you a profile 8 video with a BL+RPU video track, which will not work on the ATV. You might want to do a little digging in the other thread for one that will give you profile 5.
Thanks for clarifying - it seems when I demux initially via TSmuxer, both files (in .hevc format) lose Dolby Vision. Is there something I am missing? Furthermore, how can I tell which is BL v EL?

Also, I'm assuming I want the end product to also be in the .hevc format?
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

chrisandy wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:44 am
Thanks for clarifying - it seems when I demux initially via TSmuxer, both files (in .hevc format) lose Dolby Vision. Is there something I am missing? Furthermore, how can I tell which is BL v EL?

MediaInfo will not recognize dolby vision in hevc format; these are raw video files. The BL file is the larger of the two files. The end product from yusecope's tool will be another hevc file that you will have to feed back into tsmuxer to get a TS or M2TS file as the end product.
chrisandy

Post by chrisandy »

shawnc22 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:05 am
chrisandy wrote:

MediaInfo will not recognize dolby vision in hevc format; these are raw video files. The BL file is the larger of the two files. The end product from yusecope's tool will be another hevc file that you will have to feed back into tsmuxer to get a TS or M2TS file as the end product.
Thanks - I've done that and created the M2TS. Mediainfo all checks out as expected (Dolby Vision, Atmos, etc) however Infuse on my ATV 4K is still only showing as HDR10...
chrisandy

Post by chrisandy »

shawnc22 wrote:
chrisandy wrote:

Thanks - I've done that and created the M2TS. Mediainfo all checks out as expected (Dolby Vision, Atmos, etc) however Infuse on my ATV 4K is still only showing as HDR10... I'm guessing this is because I didn't specify a profile. Is there a simple way to do that in TSMuxer?
chrisandy

Post by chrisandy »

shawnc22 wrote:
chrisandy wrote:

Thanks - I've done that and created the M2TS. Mediainfo all checks out as expected (Dolby Vision, Atmos, etc) however Infuse on my ATV 4K is still only showing as HDR10... I'm guessing this is because I didn't specify a profile. Is there a simple way to do that in TSMuxer?Image
Attachments
Annotation 2020-05-31 232956.png
Annotation 2020-05-31 232956.png (14 KiB) Viewed 18891 times
blackreign66

Post by blackreign66 »

So far, I've determined that the .ts files with dolby vision and HD audio (atmos+dtsx) that I've created, work in Nvidia shield Pro with Plex and MxPlayer. :D
ATD555

Post by ATD555 »

I own a Sony UBP-X700 and wanted to make you all aware that using the latest nightly build of TSMuxer and muxing into an M2TS container is the best approach. I had muxed many UHDs to the TS container and some of them experienced audio issues, especially those that had 7.1 TrueHD. Switched to M2TS and no problems occurred.

Using M2TS also keeps the HDMV descriptors in the file so you don't lose the PGS subtitles as well.

EDIT: This is if you are NOT using MakeMKV first. This would be if you are going directly from the UHD to a dual layer DV video file.
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

ATD555 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:23 pm
I own a Sony UBP-X700 and wanted to make you all aware that using the latest nightly build of TSMuxer and muxing into an M2TS container is the best approach. I had muxed many UHDs to the TS container and some of them experienced audio issues, especially those that had 7.1 TrueHD. Switched to M2TS and no problems occurred.

Using M2TS also keeps the HDMV descriptors in the file so you don't lose the PGS subtitles as well.

EDIT: This is if you are NOT using MakeMKV first. This would be if you are going directly from the UHD to a dual layer DV video file.
what audio issues did you get? What movie?
I watched many DL DV TS with the x700 and I did not notice any issue. PGS subtitles also work.
ATD555

Post by ATD555 »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:15 am
ATD555 wrote:

I watched many DL DV TS with the x700 and I did not notice any issue. PGS subtitles also work.
The movie that had issues was "The Invisible Man", the English TrueHD audio track did not work in the TS container. TSMuxer does say that using the TS container you will lose the HDMV descriptors which can cause issues with Atmos audio tracks and PGS subs.
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

ATD555 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:23 pm
RESET_9999 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:15 am
ATD555 wrote:

The movie that had issues was "The Invisible Man", the English TrueHD audio track did not work in the TS container. TSMuxer does say that using the TS container you will lose the HDMV descriptors which can cause issues with Atmos audio tracks and PGS subs.
In the latest nightly, including HDMV descriptors is off by default when choosing TS as the output. You can simply tick it back on if you want to include the descriptors in a TS file.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Any updates lately on where we're at with the new proposed mkv standard? Since yusecope was asked to hold off on any further work at least publicly things seem to not be progressing. At least that's the impression. Hopefully there's movement behind the scenes on getting everything finalized so the player guys can do their work.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

SamuriHL wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:44 am
Any updates lately on where we're at with the new proposed mkv standard? Since yusecope was asked to hold off on any further work at least publicly things seem to not be progressing. At least that's the impression. Hopefully there's movement behind the scenes on getting everything finalized so the player guys can do their work.

Looks like they're just waiting on one last review:

https://github.com/cellar-wg/matroska-s ... n/pull/390
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Nice. Hopefully that happens soon and then things can continue moving forward. Thanks for the update!