Can you stop MakeMKV from assuming a title is fake?

Everything related to MakeMKV
cpoland

Can you stop MakeMKV from assuming a title is fake?

Post by cpoland »

Basically, I'm trying to rip episodes from the Season 1 DVD set of Dragon Ball GT, and it keeps assuming the title i want (The main title with all the episodes) is fake. Now this is just a guess, but i think i know why. The disk has something called "Marathon Mode" where you can watch all the episodes on the disk in a row without having to watch the opening and ending song, and the recaps at the beginning of an episode. This is the title MakeMKV keeps finding. I want the title where it doesn't remove that stuff so i can turn each episode into an individual file. I think it keeps assuming the main one is fake because of the marathon title. Is there any setting or anything i can do that will stop it from assuming it's fake? Or am i wrong and it's a entirely different problem?

Here is what the program says:

Code: Select all

MakeMKV v1.6.0 win(x64-release) started
Using direct disc access mode
Calculated BUP offset does not match one in IFO header.
CellWallk algorithm failed (structure protection is too tough?), trying CellTrim algorithm
Fake cells occupy 85% of the title - assuming fake title
Title #1 was added (15 cell(s), 2:17:49)
Title #2 was added (3 cell(s), 0:01:13)
Operation successfully completed
mike admin

Re: Can you stop MakeMKV from assuming a title is fake?

Post by mike admin »

Yes, starting from 1.6.2 . Please send IFO files to support@makemkv.com per instructions at http://www.makemkv.com/faq/item/8/catid/6 with clear description (just copy your post).
cpoland

Post by cpoland »

Thanks! I didn't know if i should just send one disk's .IFO files and debug log or not, so i sent all 5 disks of both seasons. Oh, and i recommend updating the instructions on how to get the IFO files... They weren't really specific enough. Even though i figured it out myself, I'm sure it would help a lot of other people if it went into more detail about how to identify which files are .IFO files. I don't know about Mac, but Windows was just telling me they were "DVD" files along with the rest of the files in the VIDEO_TS folder.
cpoland

Post by cpoland »

Alright, i just downloaded 1.6.2, and i can't find the option to stop it from assuming a title is fake. Where is the setting to stop it?
calev

Post by calev »

Im having this same problem in the dragon ball series. I would really like a solution because there is no other program that could do this. hand brake finds the title so why doesn't make mkv? It just shows the shortened title, but i want the play all title.
calev

Post by calev »

Oh yeah and dragonball gt works for me in 6.2 but certain dragonball seasons dont
servocrow

Post by servocrow »

i would try a different way

rip the dvd using DVDFAB HD Decrypter, use DVD Shrink to strip it down, get rid of menus ,etc.. Then if you still need to, Run through MAKEMKV
calev

Post by calev »

ive already tried stripping it down with mac the ripper and it still will not work. If there was a way to pick which ones are fake like mac the ripper does in the rip and rebuild section it would be perfect. but i guess only this set of dvd's would have this problem because of the feature that skips the intros and endings in the dvd. So im sure this isnt going to be a big priority, but i would love a way to get these into perfect mkv's without rein-coding. If any body know's of another program that could do it i would love to hear.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Woodstock wrote:Waking this thread up again, with the release of v1.6.3, is there now an option to stop MakeMKV from treating titles as "fake"? It does not appear as an option in the graphic interface settings menu.
Not in automatic way yet. At least the dumps you've sent should work. Next version should have improvements for episodic DVDs with structure protection.