With the new version of the user interface there came new bugs. It seems as no UI related issue was improved.
# wrong font size of the menu bar
# file open dialogue doesn't work anymore
# mkv now needs more hard disk space without any benefit in return
Tested in Windows XP.
new bugs in 1.15.x
-
Username1267
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Sat May 02, 2020 12:15 pm
new bugs in 1.15.x
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Woodstock
- Posts: 10977
- Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:21 pm
Re: new bugs in 1.15.x
I've been seeing a different UI issue - the Properties portion of the program window is missing in 1.15.1 on both of my systems, which makes it impossible to work with.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ about BETA and PERMANENT keys.
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
FAQ about BETA and PERMANENT keys.
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
-
preserve
- Posts: 746
- Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:21 pm
- Location: Canada
Re: new bugs in 1.15.x
Good thread to gather bugs in one place.
Previously posted erroneous AV sync error messages: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22082
Previously posted erroneous AV sync error messages: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22082
-
miami
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sun May 03, 2020 8:29 pm
Re: new bugs in 1.15.x
@Username1267
In Win10 the font size of the menu bar is correct and the file open dialogue is functional.
Maybe you should edit the compatibility settings of the MakeMKV-Link or update your Windows.
In Win10 the font size of the menu bar is correct and the file open dialogue is functional.
Maybe you should edit the compatibility settings of the MakeMKV-Link or update your Windows.
-
mike admin
- Posts: 4110
- Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:26 am
Re: new bugs in 1.15.x
Preferences - expert mode?Woodstock wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 3:21 pm I've been seeing a different UI issue - the Properties portion of the program window is missing in 1.15.1 on both of my systems, which makes it impossible to work with.
-
Woodstock
- Posts: 10977
- Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:21 pm
Re: new bugs in 1.15.x
Yes, expert mode. At least the 1.14.7 install had it checked, but the 1.15.1 install had it unchecked.
This is the first time in years I've seen the install ignore the previous version's setting.
Edited to add: I figured out why it was off. I'd done some testing on whether or not Expert mode was required for disabling CC subtitles, and didn't reset the v1.14.7 install until AFTER I'd put a copy of 1.15.1 in... PEBCAK all the way.
This is the first time in years I've seen the install ignore the previous version's setting.
Edited to add: I figured out why it was off. I'd done some testing on whether or not Expert mode was required for disabling CC subtitles, and didn't reset the v1.14.7 install until AFTER I'd put a copy of 1.15.1 in... PEBCAK all the way.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ about BETA and PERMANENT keys.
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
FAQ about BETA and PERMANENT keys.
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging