Rip over network causes errors in mkv file.

Everything related to MakeMKV
reded2323

Rip over network causes errors in mkv file.

Post by reded2323 »

I have finally found the answer to the problem of corrupt mkv files that are ripped directly from my PC to my Windows Home Server. Errors show up as audio sync issues, Mediainfo can't read them and the picture is sometimes jumpy. All caused by ripping over the network with makemkv. Rip the file locally and then copy accross and everything is fine. Re mux the corrupt mkv with mkvmerge and it is fixed. I don't have any other issues with my WHS, and I use other software like tsmuxerGUI and mkvmerge across the network with not issue. The Video and Audio streams are intact because I can remux them so I think it is just something like the header that is getting corrupted. Using mkvverify program, corrupt files have the same error line so I suspect it is the same problem each time.
(mkv parser) file is b0rked:
Track information found by following Seekhead, but not by linear parsing.
EBML-File structure is broken!

Any ideas ?
mike admin

Re: Rip over network causes errors in mkv file.

Post by mike admin »

Really looks like a bug in windows home server. Do you have the same error if writing to a network share on regular computer?
Phr3d

Re: Rip over network causes errors in mkv file.

Post by Phr3d »

Could it be a network speed issue?
I am unable to rip over network either, but in my case, the buffer fills and crashes, I never get near a total write (same with DVDShrink 3.2).
Dunno if anything can be done to throttle the read rate on the BD/DVD drive as local and then copy to WDTV attached storage is the only option here.